Chapter 49

Hermione's POV

I felt a few drops of rain as the sky slowly turned into a darker shade of blue, mixed with dark orange, yellow and red at the horizon. Draco somehow seemed to be worried, although I couldn't quite figure out why. He had one arm around my shoulders and while we were walking I was enjoying finally being that close to him again. I was dying to know we he'd bring me but secretly I was also kind of excited about being surprised by him. He had just asked me what was going on whilst we weren't together but I did not really wanted to talk about that right now- I had the feeling it would ruin our current mood. So I just went: "Nothing much..." And when I noticed his facial expression, I added: "Since you weren't there, obviously!" He grinned and suddenly stopped. "Are we there yet?", I asked, surprised by our fast stop. He shook his head and said: "No, we still have to walk a bit, I just need you to put up blindfolds.

Draco's POV

I loved seeing her wondering what was going to happen next. And I loved watching her in general. She was just so beautiful inside and out. I really hoped she would like what I had planned for tonight. It was completely dark now and luckily the bit of rain stopped and no clouds remained. So, perfect conditions for my plans. I led her to the Shrieking Shack. I few weeks ago I discovered a little path that led right onto the roof of the building. At some points it was hard to get Hermione up there blindfolded without her getting any injuries, but we somehow managed and I sat her down in the edge of the roof. "Can I take the blindfold off now?", she asked impatiently. I smiled, gave her a quick kiss and said: "No, not just quite yet." I needed to do one more thing before I took her blindfold off. I said an easy but effective fire spell and about a dozen of candles lit up at the same time. Finally, I removed the scarf I had used to cover her eyes and let her soak everything in. When she saw the effort I put in all of this, a big smile crawled up on her face. 
"Draco, you're so sweet!", she said in awe. I smiled back at her and responded: "That wasn't even the best part: Look up!"
So she did and finally saw what the real point of all of this was. Above us, the sky was almost black and thousands of stats we're sparkling in the darkness. And just to top it all up, right in that moment a shooting star showed up at the sky. Hermione saw it as well and whispered: "Make a wish!" 
I didn't have to think about this at all. I wanted to be with her forever. 
"I did but I'm not allowed to tell you now, otherwise it won't come true...", I whispered back. "Although, you could probably guess, what my wish was about." 
She turned around completely to look at me. 
"I love you, Draco.", she whispered.
"I love you more.", I said.