Chapter 9

Hermione's POV

Finally! He kissed me. Was that even real? After we fought so bad I thought there wouldn't be anything possible between us anymore. But clearly it was. And I was more than happy about it. I let out a quiet sigh of happiness and put my arms around Draco's neck. It felt so good kissing him again. His hands wandered down my waist and slowly slithered under my shirt. I pulled him even closer. Sometimes you can communicate better without any words and that was such a situation. Our heads moved in the same rhythm like they did so often before. But it has never been that passionate. After what felt like seconds but was surely much longer, we paused. Draco looked at me with that special look he has sometimes where I can not identify what he is thinking. "What is it?", I asked softly. "Nothing... I was just thinking how enormously glad I can be and am to have you. I... How should I put it? The last few days where surly some of the worst days of my life. Whenever I saw you, I told my self that I can't love you because you are too good for me, just to not run over to you and beg for forgiveness. I told myself that I don't love you constantly, but every time I said or even thought it, a piece inside of me died. Tonight, when I saw Weasley grabbing you that way, I felt two things. First of all pure rage. I couldn't stand seeing him treating you this way. And the other thing was fear. The fear of you getting hurt, the fear of loosing you, in either one or another way. I think I wouldn't survive loosing you, Hermione. I love you."
...I didn't know what to say. Before I decided to do anything at all I noticed one single tear rolling down my cheek. Draco, caught her with his finger. Finally, I found words: "I love you more." Nothing else could have stated my thoughts better than that. Draco smiled and gave me hint of a kiss. "Can you forgive me than?", he asked hopefully. Instead of an answer I just kissed him again. When we detached, he suddenly said: "I'm so sorry, but I have to take care of something now. I'll see you tomorrow, love, okay?" With that he gave me another quick kiss and disappeared, leaving a totally confused me behind.