Chapter 20

Hermione's POV

As soon as I got into the common room, I sat down and cried. I cried so much, I thought the next one coming in would have to slip and fall because of all the tears. Luckily, everybody was still in class.
I had done the right thing. The right thing. It was right. I did the right thing. Did I do the right thing? Telling him was the right thing. Wasn't it? Yes, I would not make up my mind! Why would I, anyways? It was right to break up with him. It was definitely, we just didn't work.
'I'm so sorry, Draco.' , I thought, wishing I could reach him. I guess it was the right- no, I KNOW it was the right thing to do, but I couldn't stand seeing him hurt. Especially now, because I know every time I had to see him sad, I would regret my decision immediately.
I'd never ment to hurt him. Oh, who am I kidding, I freaking broke up with him, who wouldn't be hurt. Or sad. I would be. As I imagined myself during the time after Draco broke up with me a while ago, I started crying even harder. I'm such an idiot! But I had to do it!
All of the sudden, I heard steps in front of me. When I looked up, I couldn't identify the person standing there, because of all the tears. But when he started talking, I noticed Ron's voice: "Are you okay? Hermione, what happened? Wait- Did that douchebag Malfoy break up with you?! Is that why you are crying?"
I didn't answer. I just sat there crying.
"Hermione, tell me, is this about Draco?"
I shrieked at the sound of his name. "Yes... I... I mean no, not really...", I started, and, because he had already known of us, I just told him everything. Everything that happend since the beginning. And Ron just sat there and listened.