Chapter 7- Party Kisses

This is Cam's party outfit. :)
Happy reading💕

Walking into my bedroom, I collapsed on my soft bed.

Should I actually go to the party tonight?

I know Laney would want to. But, I really don't feel like I should go because I-

*My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns Hun. Oh. My. God. Look at her butt-*

I was cut off from my thoughts by the sound of my phone ringing.

Hitting the green, circular button, I answered the phone.

"Hey Cam-Cam." Chirped an unusually high voice.

Knowing immediately who it was, I tensed. She probably already knows about the party.

"Hey Laney."

"Ok, so there's this party tonight and I really think that we should go. I mean, it would be kind of be crazy if you skipped out on another one of Darren's party's. Plus it's your senior year and you still haven't gone to a single party. I know your going to say no but can we please-"

"Ok."

"Can you at least let me finish before you- wait what?" She asked, shocked that I agreed.

"I said ok. I'll go to the party."

"OH MY GOD YES! Finally!"

"Yeah, but the downside is that Nate is going to be there, because he invited me. I still don't know how I feel about him yet, and I know he's going to pull something at the party."

"Ok here's what we'll do. Do you get nervous when you're around him?"

"Well, yeah but-" she cut me off.

"Does he make you feel good?"

"In a way but that doesn't-"

"Do you find yourself thinking about him at random parts of the day?"

"Sometimes I do-"

If she cuts me off one more time...

"Then you like him, or are attracted to him." She stated sounding very sure of herself.

"I mean maybe, but you never know he could be-" I started before she decided that she would piss me off, yet again, by cutting me off.

"Moving on! Ok, so I was thinking I could swing by your house around 7:00 or so to take you to my place and get ready. My parents are out for a week in Jersey visiting their old friends, so we're good."

Pinching the bride of my nose, I decided that it would be best if I didn't explode from reaching maximum annoyance.

Looking at the time I saw it was almost 5:00.

"Yeah ok, I still got some time to do my homework and stuff."

"You're such a nerd, you know that?"

"Sorry for wanting to graduate high school and actually start a life."

"Smart-ass." She retorted.

"You love me for it."

***

Honk! Honk!

Hearing Laney's car honk outside I locked up the house and got in the passenger side.

"Hey Nerd."

"Hey person who's not going to graduate or get a job because she's too busy sleeping with guys and partying all day."