Chapter 4- Unexpected

This is Darren Grey, he gets important later. I just want to put all the cast out. Happy reading!

The next morning I was awoken by a loud pounding on my front door.

Already knowing who it was gonna be, I hesitantly made my way down the stairs.

Opening the door, I was greeted by a strong hug.

Not AT ALL what I was expecting, but I just went with it, because hey, it's better than her shouting questions at me and scolding me for not calling her.

But I knew her all to well to think that she was just going to hug me and take me out for ice cream.

I mean, we are talking about Laney Rhodes here.

After our cobra-tight hug was finished, it was at that moment that the screaming started.

"Okay, now that that's over with... WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU CALL ME?! DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS ABOUT YOU? NO YOU DON'T, YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T CALL ME! I STAYED UP FOR LIKE 3 HOURS JUST WAITING FOR YOU TO CALL ME. I KNOW YOU HAD A BAD DAY, AND I WANTED TO COMFORT YOU AND ALL THAT GOOD STUFF FRIENDS DO BUT I COULDN'T. I EVEN CALLED YOU LIKE 12 TIMES!" She finished with a frustrated grunt.
By the end of her speech, my eyes were already in tears.

Seeing this her eyes widened and regret immediately filled them. Before the whole car incident, I almost never cried. So, she knew this was serious.

She pulled me into another bone-crushing hug and I hugged her back with just as much force.

Laney is such a good friend to me. I don't think I could ever do anything to deserve a friend like that, but the least I could do was pick up the damn phone.

"I'm sorry Laney, I know that you were just trying to be a good friend and stuff, but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't speak or move without just wanting to break down and cry. I know I'm being over dramatic, but I really just can't seem to have control over anything when I think of that subject. It's such a sensitive nerve to me and I just can't-"

"You don't have to explain anything. I was the one who was being insensitive and yelling at you. It's not your fault, I know that. It's just, you're my best friend, and I feel like if you don't tell me things you don't trust me. So I just kinda flip out when you don't. I know that this is really dumb, but it's just the way I feel. I'm really sorry Cam, I didn't mean to make you cry at all. I was just frustrated, that's all." She explained, still holding me in a super tight hug. We were both crying at this point.

Looking at the clock in my living room it read 8:45. I wasn't really planning on going to school any way.

Untangling ourselves from our hug, we looked at each other with tear stained faces and laughed.

We always do that when something is awkward, or when we're crying, and sometimes even when we're mad. Weird, I know but that's just how it is.

"It's alright Laney." I said happy that we weren't crying anymore.

She just smiled brightly at me and I returned it with my own huge smile.

"Hey you wanna go to the mall today?" I asked her. I'm pretty sure she was gonna skip school today too, so why not do something.

"Yeah sure, I haven't skipped in a while."

"Ok cool, let me just get ready real quick and we can go." I said already halfway up the stairs.

"Alright."

Going straight to my closet I picked out faded black ripped jeans, a tight white crop top, and a maroon beanie.