Chapter 5- Temptation

This is Kassidy Smith. Like Darren Grey, she gets important later also. Happy Reading ❤️

After getting over the initial shock of what had just happened, I continued my shopping with a buttload of jumbled thoughts running throughout my brain.

I came across Laney after stopping at American Eagle, Hot Topic, and Pacsun. She was at the food court.

Figures.

"Hey Laney!" I yelled out because she was to busy ogling the samples from a Chinese restaurant to even look my way.

Snapping out of her lust filled gaze towards the Orange chicken, she finally turned towards me.

"Oh hey Cam, sorry I'm just really hungry. I haven't eaten since like an hour and a half ago, and that orange chicken is looking fine as hell right now."

I don't even question her crazy appetite anymore. I just chuckle and get in line with her for the Chinese restaurant.

After we both ordered our food, we found a small table that sat in the middle of the food court.

As I'm eating, I start thinking about whether or not I should tell Laney about what happened in Abercrombie & Fitch.

There's really no reason not to, but it just feels strange because I don't even know how I feel about Nathan.

I mean, sure he's insanely attractive and mysterious and tall and dark and dangerous and has a really nice butt and- ok I'm getting off topic here.

But I guess I should just tell Laney because maybe she could help me out with all this.

"Hey Laney?"

"Yeah?"

"Uh, this is gonna sound weird but I had a um, sort of encounter with someone at Abercrombie. It was a very unlikely someone, and I wouldn't think you would guess it but, uh it was a guy and he um-"

"Spit it out Cameron!" She yelled tapping her finger on the table impatiently.

"Okay! Okay! Geez. I, uh talked to Nathaniel Dixon, and he said some things, and I was really nervous 'cause he was all hot and stuff so I don't know I just... Well I need your help. Kind of. It's more like advice or an opinion, but-"

"Spill."

***

"Holy. Fudge balls." Laney said looking completely taken aback.

"So, now that that's out of the way... What the hell do I do?!"

"What do you mean what do you do?"

"I mean, how do I act around him now? Do I say anything? Am I supposed to not talk to any other guys? Do I even like him? I didn't even know he knew me until yesterday, and now he's saying he's been pining after me since he saw me?"

"Okay, that was a lot of questions at once." She said looking bewildered.

"Laney!"

"Alright woman! My goodness. You're thinking too much into this. You just have to act like nothing ever happened when you see him. Let him come to you. Because if you talk to him first, he might think you're being to serious about this. And I can't tell you if you like him or not, you gotta figure that one out on your own."

Thinking about what she said, I realized she's probably right. I might be thinking way to much into this than I'm supposed to be.

But what if I'm not?

Eh, I guess I'll find out at school tomorrow, if he bothers to show up.

Finishing up our food we decided to shop for a couple more hours then head out.