Chapter Forty Four

sorry that this took so long, I hadn't intended it to be that way.

-----------------

"A baby." Taylor mused with a rather smug looking grin on his stupid face.

"Don't be an asshole about this." Isaac warned his younger brother.

"I'm not. In case you're forgetting, I can't exactly judge you for this." Taylor offered with a slight shrug. "I'm just amused at the idea of Jenna Murdock being a parent."

"Yeah that part is a bit weird." Zac nodded in agreement. In the time Zac had known Jenna, she was great with kids. Kids adored her, but the idea of her having her own was a little strange. Nothing about Jenna really screamed maternal.

"I assume Jenna is freaking out?" Taylor posed his next question.

"Not as much as I expected her to." Isaac admitted. "To be honest, I think she is still in shock and just doesn't know what to do or how to react."

"What about you?" Zac asked with only slight concern. He had other things to worry about, he really didn't need to get wrapped up in Jenna and Isaac's drama too. Who was he trying to fool? Once Brielle realized he knew the same news she had gotten weeks ago, this was going to be the only topic in their house for the next little while.

"If I am going to be honest," Isaac paused, "this is the worst thing that could happen to us. Don't get me wrong, kids are great and I love being a dad. It's all so uncertain. One minute Jenna and I are fine and the next, she is acting like she'd rather murder me and hide the body. This was before she was pregnant too."

"I am guessing that you haven't told Jenna this?" Taylor raised his brow, his blue eyes wide.

"He's alive, isn't he?" Zac asked with a slight smirk.

"Good point."

"Guys, can we not talk that way about Jenna?" Isaac grumbled at his younger brothers.

As upset and frustrated as he was with the situation, the last thing he wanted to hear was Jenna being put in any sort of unfavourable light. There was probably more than enough ridicule in the world about Isaac and Jenna's relationship, this didn't need to add to it.

Jenna was still in a state of denial, at least it seemed that way to Isaac. She refused to talk to him about anything baby related and shut him down any time he tried. To be totally fair, it wasn't as if he was really pushing her to open up and he had yet to bring up the subject on his own. Being at dinner when Brielle and Zac had told the family their news hadn't helped. Watching the scene before them, Jenna had wanted to crawl in a hole and honestly - Isaac wanted to follow her. It was tough being happy for someone when your own, very similar situation was anything but happy.

Never the less, like a good big brother, Isaac had congratulated Zac and Brielle. Wishing them the best and all the happiness a baby would bring their family. Brielle had graciously accepted the well wishes, never letting on she knew anything about Jenna's news.

"When do you think you'll tell people?" Taylor was just full of questions.

Isaac shrugged. They hadn't bothered to talk about this either. All he knew was that Jenna was in no rush to spread the news. He had told Zac and Taylor, because if he didn't soon tell someone then Isaac felt like he was going to lose it. Over the years he learned his brothers could keep things to them selves, especially if they knew it was something extremely important.

"I guess we'll decide eventually?" it sounded more like a question than an actual answer.

"People aren't stupid, pretty soon they will put two and two together." Taylor added. "Do you think you'll tell her family while you're visiting them?"