Chapter 39

Leave a comment!

This edit was used with permission from someone on twitter, her username is @/ChristineNuzzo go follow her and whatnot! It's really hard to find edits of these two, so I take what I can get :D

_________________________________

I stood in front of the mirror a week later. Harry was upstairs as I stood in the bathroom in front of the mirror examining myself in my bra and underwear. I ran my hand over my skin looking at the slightly noticeable bump. I was amazed by it and found myself smiling at it all the time.

"Em?" Harry called. "Where are you?"

"Bathroom," I called back, picking up my pajamas from the floor. I reached for the dress I was going to wear off the shower curtain rod. Harry appeared in the doorway as I was reaching for it.

"Hello," he smiled, his eyes raking me up and down.

"Hello," I giggled, smiling to him. "May I help you?"

"Just adoring my beautifully pregnant wife," he smiled, walking up to me and kissing my lips. "Today's the day."

"Yeah," I laughed. "I'm excited to get it done and over with," I smiled. "They're all coming for lunch."

"Is—"

"I've got the food started," I smiled. "I'm making baby back ribs in the slow cooker."

"Okay," he nodded. "When are they all getting here?" he asked.

"In an hour or two," I said with a smile. "I have a feeling they may figure it out as our menu is baby themed."

"What do you mean?" Harry asked.

"Baby back ribs, baby carrots, baby bean salad, our potato dish is called loaded baby reds, baby's millionaire pie, and a punch I found online for a baby shower punch."

"You went all out," Harry laughed, shaking his head.

"I have the ribs in," I said. "I have the salad done, I have the pie, potatoes, and the carrots to do."

"And you're getting dressed?" he asked. "When you still have to cook?"

"Yes, Harold, I am," I rolled my eyes. "I have an apron, you know."

He laughed shaking his head as he walked down the hall. He wiggled his tush as I watched him walk back down the hall. He pat his knees in the doorway of our bedroom and Phoenix came bustling towards him loudly. He smiled as he rubbed her stomach and she leaned on his legs.

"H, did you get—"

"I didn't stay up until two in the morning for nothing," he rolled his eyes. "I knew you were tired, so I finished them. Granted, mine don't look as good as yours, but they look similar."

"Similar?"

"All components are present. Neat? I guarantee nothing," he said as he walked off. I stepped into my dress and pulled it off.

"Hey!" I called. No response. "Husband! Come back!"

"What?" he asked, stopping a few steps down the stairs and leaning on the floor with his elbows, looking around the edge.

"I need you to zip me up," I said with a smile. He rolled his eyes and got up, finishing getting up the stairs. He walked behind me as I pooled my hair and pulled it over my shoulder allowing him to zip up my cream dress. It was loose around my body which is what I wanted. I had a pair of black flats sitting by the bathroom door.

"Am I done helping with your dressing?" he asked.

"Hey," I said, slapping his arm. "I expect you to be helping me for the next—"