Chapter 18

It was about two in the morning. Harry had his arms wrapped around my waist tightly as his head was buried against my back. I could hear Phoenix whining in her cage. I let out a sigh and pushed Harry's arm off of me. I rubbed my eyes, reaching for my silk robe, pulling it onto my shoulders.

"What is going on with you?" I asked the big puppy quietly as I opened her cage. I reached my hand in, gently rubbing her floppy ears. I leaned in and kissed her nose as she continued to whine.

"Em?" Harry groggily asked me. "What are you doing?"

"Phoenix woke me up,"  I said as I rubbed the dog's head. "She was whining."

I heard Harry get out of bed, and his feet pat against the floor. He sat down on the floor next to me, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. I leaned my head against his shoulder as I looked at Phoenix who was still whining. Harry stood back up and told Phoenix to come on out of the cage. She got up and followed him. He picked up her leash, clipping it to her collar and leading her out of our room. I followed Harry as we walked throughout the dark castle.

"I think she needs the toilet," Harry said. "It's probably why she was whining."

I nodded staring at Harry. He pushed the large doors open and released Phoenix who took off sniffing the ground. Harry sat down placing his elbows on his knees. I sat next to him, slipping my arm through one of his and cuddling against his side. Harry's eyes were on Phoenix as she roamed free.

The summer breeze felt good against my hot skin. I wish the palace was a lot cooler than it actually was. Harry was also a warm bodied person who generated tons of body heat. I loved him, but I often found myself waking up wit sweat on my forehead.

"You okay?" Harry asked, looking down at me momentarily.

"Yeah, the cool air feels nice," I said looking up at him. Harry leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"I'm sorry about being hot," he said. I raised my eyebrow at him. "I totally meant warmth, not attractiveness."

"Yeah, sure," I nodded with an eye roll. "I know you too well to let your bullshit be left alone."

"See? This is why we're married," he said pulling me close to him. "You know so much about me, and I don't know what I would do without you."

"You would be bored," I giggled. "You'd be your sister."

"Don't even say that," he said. He looked over to Phoenix. "Oi! Come here," he called her as she began trotting farther away. She looked up and came bounding to us.

She walked up to Harry and began licking his face excitedly. He locked her back on the collar and stood up. He held out his hand to me. I took it and allowed him to pull me up from the ground. I closed my silk robe as we walked through the castle once again.

"I've been meaning to tell you," Harry began, interrupting the silence between us. "I got the leaders of the Gaelic nations to meet with us at the end of September."

"That's great!" I smiled. "Is it just you who is going?"

"You are as well," he smiled. "Two months from now, the invasion problem may be nonexistent. That would be a dream come true."

"That it would be," I smiled.

"I'm not even tired right now," Harry said as we reached our bedroom. "I'm awake."

"No, you're sleep walking."

"Sarcasm. Nice," he said releasing the beast from her leash. He grabbed a towel and wiped her paws off before allowing her to roam the room and find a comfortable place to relax. She chose the middle of our bed.