Chapter 41

Leave a comment as you read :D

_________________________________

A month later and I was now into my fourth month of pregnancy. It felt so surreal that I was already fourteen weeks into a forty week adventure. The swell of my abdomen was definitely growing and Harry was happily letting me know it in his free time when we were alone. Every morning, he would wake me up by his large hand grazing over the soft skin of my now swollen belly.

I think that was the strangest part; the belly. I had visible proof that something was happening within me and it felt so strange. I would often times sit in the living room in front of the fire, Phoenix sitting by my feet and just run my hands over the round surface. I couldn't get over what was happening to me. It didn't feel real until I finally began to see the changes.

In the past month, Harry has been questioning his guards once or twice a week. Today he was asking Waters, and he's the last one he needed to ask about the tunnels. I knew Harry was distressed about the whole situation because someone had betrayed him in the worst way possible. It also didn't help that today, the Ula official magazine would be announcing our news to the world. We decided to wait until now because we didn't want to jinx anything.

"Your Highness," a maid knocked, curtsying upon seeing me. I turned, a frown appearing on my face.

"Where's Trish?" I asked immediately. I hated when she disappeared, which has been often as of late. Her daughters and her would be elsewhere and take days off so I was forced to be alone for a good portion of the day.

"She called in M'lady," she said timidly. "Shall I help you dress?"

"No, it's fine," I smiled to the maid. "I can tend for myself today. If you could, could you tell my husband that I'll be stopping by shortly. I just want to ask him something," I asked.

"Of course, M'lady," she said. "Right away, M'lady."

I smiled as she gave another curtsy and scurried away. The overuse of formalities is why I preferred Trish; she was my friend. Trish wasn't a maid to me, even though her job title said otherwise, but she was another mother figure in my life and I missed her when she didn't come here.

I went upstairs and grabbed a loose fitting shirt that hung down to my thighs and pulled some black leggings on. I pulled a thick winter sweater from the closet, pulling it on over my shoulders and then slid boots on my feet. I draped my winter jacket over my forearm and headed out of the bedroom, Phoenix trailing behind me.

I left the apartment and ventured towards Harry's office. His door was propped open, allowing anyone to come in. I knocked on the glass as I walked in. His eyes looked up at me almost immediately, a dimpled grin appearing on his face.

"A maid said you would be coming by," he mentioned.

"Trish and her daughters are gone again," I sighed. "I wanted to go over to her house and see what's the matter."

"Em," he sighed. "Just ask her next time you see her. She'll be back tomorrow most likely."

"It's not the same, though," I sighed. "I haven't left the castle in a while, H. I kind of wanted to get out as well," I said softly. He pursed his lips, his eyes watching my face before nodding.

"Take Luke with you," he said to me. "He's on grounds today."

"Okay," I nodded, walking over to him. "I love you."

"I love you, too," he murmured as I kissed his cheek. He turned to look up at me. "Don't be out too long."

"Maybe I'll visit my mum as well," I joked. "And I may even spend the night!"