Chapter 36

Leave a comment somewhere! Inline or at the end! Favorite line? Favorite part? What is your favorite Hemerald memory?

_____________________________________

I woke up after Harry did, my body exhausted. I didn't sleep that well last night, I was up tossing and turning just thinking about our life. I couldn't stop thinking about the life we would share some day in the near future. The one thing we would both have in common.

Phoenix was laying on the floor in the hallway outside the bedroom. When she saw me getting up, she got up and licked my hand excitedly.

"Good morning you gorgeous girl," I grinned to her, scratching her ears, her head moving away from my reach as she leaned into my hand. I laughed as I slid off the bed. I let out a loud yawn as I walked down the hall to the bathroom.

When I went downstairs, there was a note stuck to the refrigerator with Harry's handwriting on it.

In my office all day. Hearing back from the guards about the Horans today. Love you lots, Em. ~H.

I smiled as I opened the fridge gathering some things I would need to make myself some breakfast. Deciding on making a ham and cheese omelet, I gathered the necessary items setting them on the counter. I left the eggs in the fridge until I was ready for them. As I pulled the cutting board out from beside the oven, the doorbell noise sounded. Harry told me there was a doorbell for the apartments, but I've never heard it until now so it scared me.

I opened the first door and then went to the second door, unlocking it and opening it to see my Mum on the other side, a bright smile on her face. I smiled widely at her and wrapped my arms around her.

"Mum! So good to see you!" I said into her shoulder. "I'm not dressed!" I realized.

"It's alright my dear," she smiled. "I changed your nappies when you were a baby. Did you just wake up?" she asked, following me into the house.

"Yes," I said. "I'm making myself some breakfast. Harry's in his office all day," I said.

"Well, I am glad to see you at least," she smiled. "Have you been busy?" she asked, sitting down at one of the stools, her eyes wandering around the kitchen.

"No," I shook my head. "I'm not planning the next ball because Anne and Gemma took charge of that since it's for my birthday. If Harry and I give Anne something to do, she'll stop bothering us," I laughed.

"Still bothering you about having a baby?" Mum asked. "Oh! You should see how big Callie is. Six months now!"

"Wow!" I said. "If I'm not mistaken, since I'm queen now, you guys are automatically in line for the throne. At least that's what I heard from Harry while he was blabbing to me one night," I said. "So my niece or nephew is in line for the throne."

"It's a boy," Mum smiled. "Oh! It was so sweet how those two told me. They gave me a cupcake that had a blue heart on the inside of it. It was precious!" she said, folding her hands together. "Have you talked with Lucas?"

"No," I shook my head, cutting apart the bell pepper. "Why?"

"Apparently Penny is pregnant," she smiled. I nearly cut off my finger tip. "Careful!"

"What?" I gasped. "Already?" I asked. "They got married after Harry and I!"

"Well, they wanted a baby right away," she smiled. "And they have a wedding night baby. She's due in late March, early April," she smiled. "Please tell me I've got another grandbaby on the way!"

"Not right now, Mum," I giggled, shaking my head. "I had to settle in being your queen first. I'm still learning, too. I think this afternoon I'm in charge of the throne room if I'm not mistaken," I said walking over to the fridge. "Yeah, at three I have to go to the throne room. Harry's in busy meetings all day, so it's just me. Anne will be there as some sort of regent or something," I shrugged.