Chapter 16

EDIT BY @mesmereyes

__________________________

I was sitting with Waliyha as she sorted through Louise's old notes. I had Felix in my lap sleeping. My hand ran over his small backside as he slept. The patio door in the room was open to let the warm breeze in. I was mostly here to keep her company as she learned how to do what Louise should have known how to do.

"I think it's admirable that Harry offered her the job," Trish said as she folded my clothes. "It's a well-paying job for her. I won't have to worry."

"It was my idea, actually," I smiled. "I couldn't think of someone better than Waliyha. You guys are like my family, and I felt bad for her. It was mostly you and Don doing my dresses, she got the small tasks. She's an adult, and should have an adult job."

"In other words, if I want a new job, I'll be getting a killer letter of recommendation," Waliyha grinned.

"I don't think you can top working alongside the Queen," Don laughed. She smoothed out a few of my gowns. "This is the best job you can get in the palace. You're getting more money than us."

"Am I?" Waliyha asked. "How much more?"

"About thirty grand more a year," Harry said walking in the room. "Hi ladies."

"I didn't know that," she whispered she stood up giving Harry and curtsey.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. I grabbed the schedule on Waliyha's folder and looked at it. He wasn't supposed to meet me until lunch. He was supposed to be in his office most of the day.

"Not penciling you in," he smiled.

"I heard you two had a fight the other night," Trish said giving the two of us a look. "Everything alright?"

"Yes," "We're working on it," We replied at the same time. I looked at him with wide eyes. I'm sure you can gather who said what.

"Hmm," she said. "I've also heard it was a serious argument."

"You could say that," I nodded. "Waliyha, Don, could you leave for a few moments? I think your mum wants to talk to us alone."

"Of course, Emerald," Doniya said. She neatly placed my clothes on the foot of our bed and ushered her younger sister out of the room. Trish sat where Waliyha once was sitting and waved to the empty chair.

"Where are your sources?" Harry asked.

"You should know that your own home is the gossip wagon, dear," she said. "You were arguing about children."

"He refuses to talk about it," I said. "That's all."

"I told you this the other night, I don't think now is the time to be having children for us. I'm not prepared for them," he said.

"Really? This is all about you?" I asked. "Because this isn't just you in our marriage. It's both of us, we need to make decisions together. We made a promise to your family, and the council mind you, that since we consummated our marriage prior to us actually getting married we would have a baby or have one on the way come next June."

"We have eleven months!"

"We still need to talk about it!"

"Wow," Trish said, her eyes wide. "The honeymoon phase sure did pass."