Chapter 8

------------------Days Later---------------
"Mama, I'm going to Cherry's!" I notified my mother.

"Okay! Have fun." She replied.

Usually when I go to Cherry's I usually sleepover. So she's fine with that. But really I'm not sleeping at her house. Darry and I kinda have plans for tonight! I'm super excited! We just kinda wanted to hangout tonight.

I finally walked to the Curtis' and as always, it sounded like there was people inside. The lights were on as always, and the sound of laughter that always gives me a comfort feeling.

I opened the door and the house looked like it normally did.

"Hey!" Sodapop greeted loudly. The rest of the immature boys chimed in. I just smiled and shook my head. They all were respectful to me. I think it was because Darry and I have a thing! No, they treat girls a whole lot different than Soc guys. It's so nice!

"How are you!" I smiled at all of them running my fingers through my black hair. I walked into the dining room where Dallas, Steve, and Two-Bit were playing cards. Darry was sitting at the end reading the newspaper.

"Hey Lia!" He grinned giving me a hug.

"Hi babe!" I hugged him tightly. His muscular arms wrapped around my waist. I sat down next to him.

"How are you?" He asked.

"Yes darling how are you?" Steve teased.

"Good. How are you guys?" I asked.

"Pretty good." Darry answered.

"How 'bout you guys?" I asked the boys. The all put their cards down.

"Aw shit." Dally said looking at the cards. "God damnit, Two-Bit!" Steve said angrily. Two-Bit laughed, "I'm happier than a pig in shit!" He must've won.

"Okay, so what do y'all want to do tonight?" Soda asked all of us.

"Movies?" Johnny suggested.

"Movies?" Soda asked. No answer.

"I'm gonna start walking. Maybe we'll end up somewhere." Steve stated.

"Whose we?" Dally asked.

"Shut up." He smiled getting up. We all laughed. All of them got up and left. Johnny and Pony were the last to get up and leave.

"Aren't y'all comin'?" Pony asked with Johnny next to him.

"We'll catch up to y'all." Darry replied.

Johnny and Pony left and and the once lively house was now silent. Darry and I looked at each other.

"To be honest," He started getting up, "I didn't really want to go out tonight."
He explained, "I just wanted to be alone with you." He put empty bottles of beer away in the kitchen. I want to be alone with him too.

I got up from my seat. "You want a Coke?" He asked.

"Sure." I responded as he got two Cokes out of the refrigerator. He handed me the Coke and we went over to the couch.

"You want to just stay home and watch a movie." He asked grabbing the remote.

"I'd like that." I smiled. Darry put on an old Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers movie and I cuddled up to him.

While the movie played we just talked about random things. We were laughing, smiling, and flirting. It felt so good! I've never had a connection with someone like this before!

As the night went on we kinda strayed kissing. Next thing you know he's on top of me caressing my hips with our mouths all over each other's. After minutes passed, we slowly stopped, and our lips pulled away from each other. My eyes opened and I was eyeing Darry in front of me.

He glanced down nervously. "Hey Lia?" He asked for my attention.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Is this real life?!?!?! "Yes!" I smiled then laughed. I'm so happy! We kissed once more
--------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, finally updated this! It took awhile sorry!!!! It's going to be really hard to update now that I started school!!!:(((((( I'm so mad!