Chapter 4

--------------Next Day---------------------
I woke up to hear steps on the roof and voices from outside. I was so confused. So I quick put on a t-shirt, jean shorts, and gave my hair a quick brush.

"Mama?" I called. No answer.

"Father?" I called. Again, no answer. they were probably at work, I don't know.

It was around 11 and when I peered over into the backyard there were a lot of men redoing everything. A lot of shirtless, young men around my age. There was a ladder leading up to the roof.

My father told me about the backyard being redone so it came to me. I relaxed for a couple of hours looking at the window every couple minutes. Because what teenage girl wouldn't!

Then someone stepped down the ladder and looked familiar from behind. I looked at him closely. it was Darry. A grin grew on my face! I ran over to the slider door. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey Lia!" He grinned.

"Hey! I didn't know you were working for my dad.

"I guess so!" He said looking at the roof.

"Yeah."

"Hey what're you doing tonight?" He asked.

I thought about it. "Nothing right now?" I blushed.

Just being near him made me feel nervous. He was so good looking! He was so sweet! He just was just, everything you could've ever wanted in a guy! Well, so far that I knew him!

"Do you want to go to Buck Merrill's Party with me tonight?" He asked.

"Yeah," I smiled, "I'd like that."

"Pick you up at 8?" He asked to make sure.

"Perfect!" I said.

"Okay, see ya then!" He smiled leaving the backyard with the guys. I was so excited! I couldn't wait! But, what am I gonna do about my parents...
------------------------------------------------------
Short chapter sorry! This isn't gonna be the longest Fanfiction but yeah