Chapter 18

(A/N) Bad news; no motivation and a very busy schedule makes me update super slowly,

good news; i already know how i want this story to end (but dont worry because its not ending very soon)

bad news; it'll piss a lot of you off

greater news; i have the best fans in all of wattpad for waiting so patiently.

This chapter isnt that good, its slow, but its has a few things we need for this story, shes trying to figure herself out and i hope you realize how her brains starting to work and whatnot.. ok here ya go

~~

-Zayns P.O.V-

I placed the last pillow on the bed and straightened the comforter. I glanced at the room one last time and smiled at my work, everything was in place and I was almost proud of myself, almost.

I left the room and entered the living room, I noticed India sleeping on the couch quietly. The calm look on her face made me almost not want to bother her, but I couldn’t wait any longer.

“Baby,” I said, then stopped myself, glad she couldn’t hear, I cleared my throat and tried again “India?” I said softly, placing my hand on her leg and sitting next to her half asleep body on the small couch,

“Mmmm,” she said, a small smile playing on her lips, “Five more minutes”

“No India, wake up!” I laughed, shaking her gently,

Her eyes cracked open now and she looked around the room, as if she suddenly realized everything. I almost saw a look flash across her eyes, but it was gone before I could register it, guilt? Anger? Pity? Sadness?

I felt terrible for everything we had put her through, no, this was all Liam’s fault. If the fucking mutt didn’t bite her we wouldn’t be here with her, but did I want to lose her? I wasn’t sure what I preferred.

“What is it Zayn?” She said, more awake now

“You have to see it! It’s not the same if I just tell you,” I said, smiling down at her soft face I wanted desperately to kiss, but I knew I shouldn’t.

“Okay” India said with a cute confused tone, I grabbed her hand and pulled her up off the couch.

“Close your eyes!” I ordered gently,

“But then how am I going to know where I’m walking!” India joked, a smile on her lips,

“You’re right,” I smirked and in one swift motion I picked her up bridle style, which made her squeal slightly, “Now close your eyes,” I said, smiling down at her.

“Okay,” she giggled, picking her hands up to cover her big warm eyes.

As soon as she was settled and not peeking I began walking to the surprise, as soon as I arrived I walked over to the bed and dropped her on it. She gasped and her body bounced back into the air before landing on the bed again. She whipped her hands from her eyes and brought her arms down to steady herself.

Suddenly the room grew silent, her eyes became wide and her mouth gaped open slightly,

“What is this Zayn?” I said softly,

“It’s your new bedroom,” I smiled, sitting next to her on her own bed, “I converted the study, you needed a space of your own,” I replied simply

“You didn’t have to do this,” She said, looking almost as if tears would spring in her eyes,

“Yes I did, I wanted to. Soo how do you like it?” I asked, scooting to her side and placing my arm gently around her shoulder, pulling her into me,

“I love it, it reminds me a little bit of home,” She smiled,

“This is your home now India,” I replied, kissing her temple.

~~

Indias P.O.V

I sat in my new bedroom, wrapped in Zayn’s arms. We had been lying here for a while now, staring up at the white pop-corned ceiling.

We weren’t even talking but the silence was lovely. I was glad he did this for me, I felt like a bother staying on the couch. The walls stayed a beige color but instead of a desk, which had been moved to a corner of the living room, there was a bed with colorful blankets, and currently on those blankets, Zayn and I.

I was brought back from my thoughts when I heard a happy sleepy sigh coming from Zayn. I turned my body so I was facing him, still lying on the bed, and he turned slightly too. His eyes were closed, but there was a small smile on his face. He looked adorable, and he smelled even better.

“This is great, I could just take a nap right now,” Zayn said quietly, peeking through his eyelids slightly,

I smiled and nodded, “Me too,”

At that, he let out a tired laugh and pulled me even closer so there was no space between our bodies, which was still surprisingly comfortable. He snaked one of his legs between mine and settled when he found a comfortable enough position.

“Are you okay with this India?” Zayn asked after a moment, opening his eyes completely,

“I like being your teddy,” I mumbled, blushing slightly.

At that, he smiled. He looked as though he was going to reply until we heard a knock on the door-frame, we didn’t close the door when he threw me on the bed. Both of our heads whipped over to the door and saw an uncomfortable looking Liam standing there, rubbing his neck awkwardly and refusing to make eye-contact.

I tried to push myself away from Zayn, but he stayed glued to me.

“Oh hey Liam,” Zayn said casually,

“Hi, wow, did you do this Zayn? It’s great” Liam said,

“Yeah I did, what do you need?” Zayn said, carrying on his conversation despite my un-comfortableness, I felt like I was cheating on Liam, but really, I was with Zayn first, who cheated on me, and then I went to Liam… Oh boy, it was all very confusing.

I needed to figure out what I wanted.

And fast.

“I’ve made lunch,” Liam said shyly,

“Lunch already? Wow we’ve been here a while,” Zayn replied, letting go of me now and propping himself up on his elbows.

“Yeah I guess so,” I managed to say,

“You wanna go eat?” Zayn asked,

“Yeah I’ll be right in, meet you there?” I said, faking a quick smile.

“Okay,” He smiled back, standing up and following Liam to the kitchen, leaving me alone.

I picked up one of my new pillows lying on my bed and screamed into it, thinking “why me?”

Suddenly I didn’t want lunch, I wanted to run.

I got up, slipping through the back door, luckily the boys didn’t notice me through their rustling in the kitchen.

I stood on the deck, I took off my shoes, jacket, pants, and shirt until I was in just my under garments. I wiped snow off a spot on the table folded them, placing them on the clean part.

I closed my eyes then, concentrating on transforming.

It was swift and painless, I happily accepted the form. Before I knew it my eyes were opening. I could see and smell everything once again, and it felt amazing.

In a moment I was running, I didn’t know where I was going. But I was gone.