Chapter 16

(A/N) i'm super late on updating because nothing has been going right for me and stuff keeps popping up in my life and im stressed and my computer wouldnt work and whatever. so i wrote this now and its not really my best but here it is. i'm sorry guys i love you all and this story almost has 4,000 reads! thats the only thing thats really making me happy today :\ ok here.

~~~

Indias P.O.V

I was hurt. It felt like my heart shattered into ten million microscopic pieces that I’d never be able to find and piece together again. Zayn betrayed me in the worst way, and I found out in the worst way. I couldn’t help but wonder how long that had been going on without me knowing. I wondered if he was just using me. He probably was; what a slut.

I ran downstairs so quickly I didn’t even realize the warm tears rushing down my cheeks.

I ran to the couch and collapsed onto my stomach, covering my wet face with my hands. My body was shaking from my sobs. I didn’t want to cry so much, I didn’t know why I was, but I felt so broken.

“India?” I heard a concerned voice coming towards me from the doorway. I recognized it as Liam’s immediately.

I ignore him, but try to quite my cries. I knew he wouldn’t just leave me alone to cry though. I felt his weight fall on the end of the couch by my legs and his hand rest lightly on my back.

“India, what’s wrong?” He asks, and it isn’t hard to hear the concern in his voice at all.

I think about speaking, but then realize there’s no way my throat would let me do that. I’m breathing heavily from the sobs, and tears are still drifting gently down my cheeks. Old tears are drying, making my face feel hard.

My makeup is probably a mess now too, the makeup I put on just to see Zayn again. How stupid am I?

“India, please sit up, please look at me,” Liam pleads gently,

“No,” I manage to mumble,

He sighs deeply and stands up from the couch. I get happy, thinking he’s about to leave me alone- but boy am I wrong.

I feel his big hands grab onto my sides and flip me over easily, so I’m facing upwards now. My hands fly away from my face in a moment of shock and panic.

I grip the couch as soon as I’ve landed on my back,

“What!” I snap quickly and rudely.

“What’s wrong,” He asks, still concerned and surprisingly not angry at me.

“Zayn,” I sigh deeply, trying to wipe the tears off my face and calm down. I sit up and cross my legs, facing Liam on the couch.

“Oh India,” He says quietly, he lifts his hand to wipe a tear from my face that I had missed, “What did he do,”

“Fucking bastard cheated,” I spat, biting my lip at the end, I had to remember I was talking to his friend.

A look of confusion falls across his face, “What?”

“I- I walked in,” I shake my head, not being able to continue, and look down at my lap.

“Hey,” Liam says, grabbing my face gently and forcing my eyes upwards so I’m looking into his deep brown, cute, non-cheating eyes. I suddenly remember how amazing he is at that moment, and I love him for sitting here with me wiping away my tears, because Zayn sure wasn’t.

“He’s a dick,” Liam continues, and I find myself nodding to his words. I’m suddenly mesmerized by his full lips comforting me with the words I need to hear, and his full eyes looking at my smeared make-up face and not caring.