Chapter 10

Zayns P.O.V~~~

I sat behind the computer in Max’s office, well, using the word “office” very loosely. The room was a small library; the curved walls were covered in bookshelves, holding the heavy weight of books from times passed. In the center there was a grand piano, and just behind that, a wall of windows, with one tiny desk and computer perched on top. Sure, it was relaxing, it was my favorite room in the house- probably because the books reminded me most of home. But still, it was elegant, and elegant wasn’t my desired entity.

Maybe because my mind was stuck in different times; maybe my mind was stuck in the 70’s, my favorite time. When I was just a ‘hippie’ in Alabama, I was young then, my wolf was young then. I felt free then, truly free. Those were the times I spent wasting my days drowning in drugs, concerts and women, I was young, just seventeen then. If I wanted to be technical, I’m still eighteen, my body ages very slowly. But if I thought about it more, ‘wise beyond my years’ couldn’t define me, because well, I’m not as young as everyone thinks I am.

I sighed, reveling in my memories. I didn’t regret being where I am now, I wondered… if I could take it all back, the bite, would I? I answered myself honestly, and no I wouldn’t. If I wasn’t a wolf I would have never met India. My heart felt complete around her, I felt happier than I was before the bite, when I was just a child being pushed by my mother on the swing. I was happier with India than I was with the countless women in my past. I was almost happy India was bitten, as cruel as that sounds, but now I could spend my forever basking in her remarkableness.

I wondered if India knew how amazing she was, how much I loved her. I wondered if Liam felt the same way, and I wondered if I should just leave them be. The ‘what ifs’ ripped my mind apart at night when I tried to fall asleep.

I tried to distract myself, but nothing in my mind was even half as important as India was to me.

I never was one to believe in soul mates. I had been in love once before, but her soft blonde hair and subtle freckles dotting her nose didn’t hurt my chest when I thought about them anymore. Which makes me question if I was just too young to realize the difference between love, and being in love.

I didn’t want to make that mistake again. I frowned, remembering my human love.

I was snapped back into reality as a skype icon popped up on the computer. I accepted the call, it was from Liam.

“Hey Li, what’s up?” I asked seriously,

“Zayn when are you coming home, we need you here.” Liam said with a concerned expression on his face,

“I’m about to buy my plane ticket now,”

“I’m getting more suspicious, I smell them I know they’re in town,” Liam said, shaking his head and looking away from the webcam.

Shit,” I said under my breath, “I’m coming home as soon as possible, stay alert,” I warned Liam before ending the call.

While scoping the tickets website, I realized I could leave tomorrow. Tomorrow. I was hoping India would change her mind and come with me, but I didn’t think she could make up her mind in one day.

Then again, my pack needed me.

No, India needs me.

A mental battle raged on within my head before a moment.

I closed my eyes and clicked the mouse, when I opened my eyes again the screen read:

“Ticket purchased, flight leaves at 12:00”

I sighed. Sometimes you had to do things that made sense, even when you don’t want to.

Sometimes the war within your head wasn’t as significant as the war on the outside.