Chapter 6

It was the last period of the day and I was buzzing. I had only seen Zayn a few times since first period, and we didn't get to talk. School was over in just ten minutes.

I couldn't stop staring at the clock.

"India," My teacher said,

I glanced up, "Huh?" I replied,

The room giggled and I sunk down in my chair.

"I see someone is excited to get out of school, can you tell me what I was just talking about,"

My mind raced, "A test?" I replied, saying the first thing that popped into my head.

Mr. Daniels eyebrows rose, "Yes, but when?" He asked with a smirk on his face,

"Friday," I replied quickly.

"It seems as though Miss. Roberts was paying attention after all,"

Damn, I'm good. Or maybe it was the fact he gave us a quiz every other Friday.

The bell rang and I hopped out of my chair, walking towards the door. My teacher had to stop me though,

"Miss. Roberts can you please stay after class and speak to me?" He asked, although it wasn't a question. I couldn't help myself, I had to roll my eyes as I made my way over to his desk; he knew I was in a rush.

"Yes?" I asked, trying to mask the irritation in my voice, it seemed as though he didn't notice.

"Well you missed school Monday, and I wanted to go over your missed work,"

He started talking mindlessly about what I missed, I kept glancing at the clock behind his head. I had already missed the busses, I probably missed Zayn too.

He finally let me go fifteen minutes later. I walked to my locker slowly, I had no reason to rush anymore. Afterwards I walked into the mostly empty parking lot, there were still a few cars. I glanced over at a black truck, I saw a boy leaning against the front of it, staring at the ground.

It took a second to realize it was Zayn. I walked over to him, he looked up and smiled.

"Whos truck is that?" I asked curiously,

"Um, a friends," He replied.

"You have friends in Colorado?"

"It'll all make sense after we talk, is anyone at your house?" He asked, pulling keys out of his pocket,

"Um no my mom works late tonight I think,"

"Great get in," He said, pulling open the passenger side door before climbing in the cab himself.

He drove in silence, I realized he didn't even ask my address but he pulled the right way out of the lot,

"Zayn?" I asked,

He glanced over at me then back on the road, "Do you even know where you're going?" I continued,

"Not really I just know the town is this way and I just assumed..." He drifted off, not needing to finish.

I laughed, giving him my address. It wasn't long at all before we were home. We both kicked off our shoes and walked towards the back of my house to my bedroom.

"Nice house," Zayn said glancing around the room,

"Thanks," I said, throwing my book bag at my desk.

Zayn sat at the end of my bed, already making himself at home. Not that I minded at all.

I climbed onto the center of my bed and sat with my legs crossed,