Chapter 22

"Clyde!" he heard him yelled behind me. I laughed loudly and ran faster. I ran into the woods, laughing loudly.

See, it was the morning and I woke up extra early to carry out this prank. I was positive that Carter would kill me....

As soon as I tumbled out of the woods, I crashed into a tree. The tree and I "oomphed" and I fell back, rubbing my forhead.

"Clyde?" asked the tree. Wait., Trees dont talk! Unless.....

I looked up. "Grandmother Willow?" I asked, refering to the tree from Pocahontas.

"What? No!" laughed the tree. It stuck out a ranch, that looked a lot like a human arm, and I gratefully took it.

"But, trees dont talk, unless you're Grandmother Willow!" I said. "Mr. Tree, you look a lot like a certain bastard I know."

The tree looked taken aback.

"Im not a tree, Clyde. Its me. Gage," said the tree.

My blood boiled. "Gage?!"

"Uh, yeah...?"

I clenched my fists, then I swung at his nose. I earned a sickening crunch in return. "You fucking bastard!" I yelled.,

"What the hell, Clyde?!" he demanded, looking royally pissed off. His nose was bleeding, and he held the back of his clenched fist to it.

"Dont you dare 'what the hell' me, you sick son of a bitch!" I yelled.

"What are yout alking about?!" he yelled, shaking with anger.

"You know damn well what Im talking about! I heard you and Carter in the car, jerk!"

His eyes widened in realization. "Uh-um-"

"Uh-um, what?" I demanded, mimicking his stuttering.

"Whoops?" he said with a sheepish smile.

"Whoops? WHOOPS?! GAGE YOU ARE DISGUSTING!" I screamed, slapping him.

"Will you fucking quit touching me?!" he screamed, pressing me into a tree....a real tree.

"Why would you toy with me like that?" I hissed hatefully.

"If you listened to the conversation, you would know!" he yelled.

"You were my first boyfriend, you idiot! I can't believe you were so heartless! And all for what? To set me up with Carter?!"

Gage sighed and took a step back. "Thank me later," was all he said before turning around and walking away.

"Im not finished with you, you little prick!" I screamed, feeling tears stream down my face. Gage just kept walking.

I screamed, then I sat down at the base of the tree and pulled my knees to my chest. I simply wipped my tears, and I put on an impassive expression. I wouldn't cry.

"Clyde? You okay?" asked Carter gently. He sat down next to me and I looked over. He looked so stupid with his wet bright neon pink hair.

"Yeah, Im fine," I said, feeling a smile tug at my lips.

"No you're not. Even when you're smiling because of how clownish I look." he said, pulling me into his side. I leaned my head on his chest, while he wrapped his arm tight around my shoulder.

"Your right. Im not. But, I'll live," I said simply.

"Your not gonna cry or anything?" asked Carter, sounding confused.

"No, why would I?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Because your a girl," he said. I smiled.

"So?" I asked, teasing.