Chapter 14

"Clyde?!" he called. I wiggled deeper into the fork of the tree, trying to make myself less visible.

"Clyde?! Quit being a little bitch and stop hiding!" he yelled. I narrowed my eyes at him as he got nearer and nearer to my tree. I wiggled a little deeper, but I stirred a few leaves while I was at it, and a few fell on his head.

He looked up and smirked. "You suck at picking your hiding places, Clyde."

"Piss off." I said angrily.

"Oh, c'mon, Clyde! It was nothing serious!"

"I managed to take on seven strong guys and that's nothing serious?!" I demanded.

"Okay, but that was pretty kick ass!"

"No, Carter! It was demonic! Outrageous! An atrocity!"

"Get down here, Clyde. Everyone's looking for you."

"No, everyone is probable hoping I don't come back." I retorted stubbornly.

"If you don't come down, I'm coming up."

"Do it. I don't care." I shrugged.

Carter scaled the tree, like he said, and settled down next to me. "Now," he started, "You wanna talk about what happen?"

"There's nothing to talk about. I went crazy for a moment and ran off. The end." I said averting my gaze.

Carter sighed and took my chin, making me look at him. He was still a mess, though my little episode had happened a little over an hour ago. 

He motioned to his face. "This is not nothing to talk about, Clyde."

I felt tears well up in my eyes, and I quickly looked away. I didn't want him to see me cry.

"Are you crying?" he asked incredulously.

"Pfft. Nope."

"You're a terrible liar."

"I'ts just that time of the month. Im being sensitive." I lied.

"Lying is a bad color on you."

"That made no sense."

"Yes it did. You're just too dumb to realise it did. Now look at me, Clyde." he said gently.

I wiped my unshed tears and looked at him.

"What happen?" he asked. "You kinda messed up my gorgeous ass face, so I wanna know why."

I chuckled and shook my head softly at his lame attempt to lighten the mood. I didn't want to tell him what happen. I didn't want to tell him why I attacked seven strong guys in a demonic manner.

I couldn't trust Carter.

"Nothing happen!" I exclaimed, suddenly feeling annoyed. Why couldn't he just leave it?!

"Fuck, Clyde! Something happen back there because you were all 'not again' before running out crying!" he said, doing a falsetto voice at the 'not again' part.

I groaned. "Just leave it. Im crazy. Thats all there is to it."

Carter didn't say anything. Instead he just looked me in the eye, searching. For what, I didn't know.

"Don't look at me like that. Its weird." I said.

He smiled. This wasn't a smug smile, or a teasing smile, but instead it was a sad smile. "You did something like that to someone else, didn't you?"

"W-what?" I asked, feeling my eyes bulge.

"Don't play dumb."

I sighed. "Yes. I did."