Chapter 10

It was a game of every man to himself. In fact, Mia decided to name this The Hunger Games. She claimed that I should  "totally" be Katniss.

"Mia, I don't shoot arrows, or stab bunnies and squirrels with my hot best friend on my spare time." I had told her.

"You're such a party pooper Cly- I mean...Katniss.." she'd said with a evil grin.

Right now, I was hiding in the fork of a tree, in the woods, watching for "tributes", quite like Katniss had done on several occasions in the REAL Hunger Games. I noticed Alex and Lila walking past my tree, with their hands linked and looking very much like a happy couple. What happen to everyman for himself?!

I readied my gun and aimed for the back of Alex's knee. I shot, and nailed my target, bringing him to his knees with a groan. I giggled, but Lila looked absolutely serious. She readied her gun and looked around looking very much commando.

"Show yourself, coward!" she yelled. I think she could be one of the Careers. Maybe Glimmer.....

I jumped from my tree, landing on my feet, and I aimed at her heart. "Im Katniss!" I said seriously. I fired and hit her right where I'd aimed. Lila's eyes widened, and a dramatic look of betrayal crossed her features. She fell to her dramatic "death" earning a giggle from me.

I heard a gun fire behind me, and I wipped around. Carter was trying to shoot me, but Gage was trying to wrestle the paintball gun from his grip.

"Run, Clyde! RUN!" he yelled. Okay, this was so Hunger Games. This would be the part where Katniss Everdeen was lying on the grass, disoriented, and thinking Peeta betrayed her, when Peeta suddenly pops out of the bushes and tells her to run. Then, Cato emerges, ready to kill Katniss, but Peeta distracts him to help her get away. Gage was my Peeta, and Carter being the evil jackass he was, was Cato. I couldn't help but hope he got mauled by mutant dogs like the real Cato had.

I snapped out of my thoughts and ran from them as fast as I could. I heard a shot a distance behind me and I heard Carter laugh evilly.

"Peeta..." I whispered heartbrokenly. But if this was truly like the Hunger Games, I would find him hiden somewhere painting on his body, despite being at the brink of death.

"IM A PRETTY TEAPOT, SHORT AND STOUT!!!! HERE IS MY HANDLE! HERE IS MY SPOUT! WHEN I GET ALL STEAMED UP HERE ME SHOUT! TIP ME OVER AND POUR ME OUT!!!!! IM A LITTLE TEA POT....."

The person was screaming out the lyrics of the song and was so off key, that I had to cover my ears to keep them from bleeding. But this was my chance to slaughter another tribute! I moved toward the voice and laughed at what I saw. Cale was standing in a clearing, dressed in a costume of the teapot from the Beauty and the Beast. He was screaming out the lyrics of the song and totally butchering it.

I aimed at his head. He looked at me and pointed behind me, not minding at all that I was aiming a gun at his head. I turned around and screamed when I saw Carter standing there with a sadistic smirk plastered to his face.

"PEETA HELP!!!!" I screamed before pistol whipping him in the face. Well, Of course I didn't have a pistol but you get the point.

I ran away from Cale and Carter to find Gage.

*****

CARTER'S POV!!!!!!!!!!

She pistol whipped me. That bitch pistol whipped me! I glared at Cale.

"You idiot! You were supposed to lead her to that trap!" I scoled.

"Dude. It's bad enough you got me dancing and singing in this dumbass costume, but now you wanna yell at me for not doing the dirty work for you?!" he demanded.