Chapter 8

I hate Mia and Lila. As soon as we left the beach, they went off and announced to the rest of the girls how me and Carter now have a "thing" going on. I tried to explain that I liked Hunter, not Carter, but they would not listen.

"So is the war still on, Clyde?" asked Mia.

"Of course it is!"

"We'll I just thought that since-"

"Since what?" I snapped.

"Since you and Carter are now sex buddies." Said Lila jumping in.

Naturally, I blushed. "We are nothing more than enemies so stop it. I'm serious, guys. I don't wanna hear anything else about me and Carter involved in any romantic relationships. It's annoying."

They nodded and saluted me mockingly before turning away to get ready for Camp Night. I had been ready over half an hour ago, so I decided to check on Munchy. He was wrapped around a rock in his vivarium, relaxing. I had already fed him, so he would have no reason to try to munch on my fingers.

"Hey Munchy." I cooed. He really was kind of cute. He slithered his way to my hand and wrapped himself around my forearm.

"Ew! Clyde please put that thing back in his cage!" begged Carson.

"Cars, that thing has a name. You will address him as Munchy from now on." I said, petting the snake.

"Munchy?" She asked incredulously.

"Yes, Munchy." I replied.

"But why?"

I smiled evilly. "You'll see...."

I was planning on taking Munchy with me to the event tonight. See, on Camp Night, we start off with several games and sports activities, and a huge barbeque, then later towards the evening, we gather for a campfire and some smores then we head to the Lounge's theatre for a movie.

I was already dressed in some dark skinny jeans and a a simple black t-shirt. Munchy slithered his way up my arm, tickling me, around my neck, and wrapped himself loosely around my other arm. 

"Munchy, I think its about time I teach you some tricks." I said. I snatched my phone and pulled up the video of Carter's snake dance. I played it in front of Munchy and I laughed when he bit my phone. "I definitely think Munchy is a perfect name for you. Now every time you see him," I pointed at Carter on my phone, "I give you full permission to bite him."

Munchy responded by resting him head in my palm. 

I read a book, with Munchy coiled up on my stomach, while waiting for the girls to finish up. It seemed I was always the first one ready.

Lila strut out of the bathroom, as if she was on a runway instead of in a cabin in the woods. She even stopped to pose several times in front of me. Playing along with her, I offered a wolf whistle.

"Oh thank you, darling!" She said like a diva. She shook her long hair and strut toward the closet to grab her shoes. Mia came out of the bathroom next, looking extremely excited. She was dressed in some floral patterned shorts and a simple loose black top.

"Why are you so excited, Mia?" I asked.

"The plan, hello?" she asked.

"Oh! Right!" I said with a wink. Mia seemed to get super excited when it came to vengeance.

She froze when she saw Munchy. "Are you really taking him there?"

"Yes, what's wrong with Munchy?" I asked.

"Well, he's a snake. Why would you bring him anywhere close to the other campers. They'd freak." she said.

I thought about it and I realized she was right. If I brought a black racer anywhere near the campers, they'd scream bloody murder, Munchy would freak out too, then he'd slither away and I'd never see him ever again. "Sorry, Munchy." I said taking him back to his vivarium.

He slithered back onto his rock and coiled his body around the summit to rest. The girls all started heading out and I followed, feeling especially stoked for tonight.