Chapter 14 ~

Chapter 14 ~

"Aaron's made a full recovery! We've stopped the bleeding. We're going to take him to a different room and after that you can see him. He won't be a wake for a few hours though."

"Oh, thank fu-... Sorry." Robert breathed heavily.

"That's alright. I need to go. I'll tell you when Aaron's has settled in." The paramedic told them.

  "Thank you." Chas smiled. "He's okay!" Chas exclaimed, tears in her eyes.

Robert smiled, giving Chas a hug. "I can't wait to see him again."

"Me too!" Paddy agreed.

***

A paramedic walked into the corridor Robert, Chas and Paddy was on.

"Aaron's got a room now. So you may see him now. He won't wake for a few hours though."

"Thank you." Chas smiled, getting up from the seat.

The paramedic nodded. "It's room 17 by the way." The paramedic walked away.

"Let's go." Robert rubbed his hands together.

Paddy nodded, taking lead and walking down the corridor.

"I hope Aaron can come home soon. I might ask him to marry me as soon as he's better and home." Robert shared.

Paddy turned. "Congratulations! Have you bought rings yet?"

Robert nodded and stopped as they were outside Aaron's room now.

Chas pushed the door open to see Aaron was lying comfortable on a bed. His eyes were shut and his face was peaceful.

"Aww love." Chas whispered and walking forward and sitting in one of the chairs in the room.

Paddy sat next to Chas and comforted her.

Robert walked over to Aaron and stroked his hair. A tear rolled down Robert's cheek.

  Robert hugged Aaron tight and kissed his cheek.

  Chas smiled, a tear trickled from her own eye. "Why don't we leave you with Aaron, Robert?"

"That's not a problem is it?"

Chas shook her head and stood up and went over to Aaron and kissed his cheek just like Robert did.

  Paddy stood up and patted Robert on the shoulder. "We'll be out there if you need us."

"Thanks Paddy."

"Do you want anything Robert? A coffee or..?" Chas asked.

"No I'm good thanks." Robert smiled.

As Paddy and Chas went out the room and the door clicked, Robert went over to Aaron and pulled the chair closer.

"C'mon Aaron" Robert stroked Aaron's hair. "Please wake up and me see your gorgeous smile and beautiful eyes." Robert gripped Aaron's hand. "You're strong, Aaron. Chrissie's a bitch. I can't believe her. I don't want to lose you, she's so selfish..." Robert sighed. "But I am too though, aren't I? You would say to me regularly, not to talk like that." Robert smiled, lightly.

Robert rested his head on Aaron's chest and breathed calmly as his eyes closed.

***

Robert woke up with a start.

Robert breathed in and out, clutching Aaron's shirt.

What woke me up?

"R-Robert?" Aaron's voice interrupted Robert's thoughts.

"Aaron!" Robert lifted his head and smiled as he saw Aaron's beautiful, smiling face. "God, I'm glad you're okay!"

"Me too. What happened with the surgery?"

"You had internal bleeding, which luckily they stopped!" Robert said, happily.

Aaron breathed out. "Wow..."

"I should get Paddy and your mum."

Aaron nodded, watching Robert go to the door and open it.

"Aaron!" Chas ran inside and hugged Aaron tight.

"I'm okay mum, I'm okay." Aaron snuggled his head into her.

"Alright Aaron?" Paddy hugged Aaron.

"I'm good." Aaron nodded, smiling grateful even after everything he'd been through.

"We hope you can come home soon, love." Chas told him. "It gave us a right scare." Chas smiled weakly.

"Me and you both mum." Aaron shifted into a seating position. "Do ya think it was Chrissie?" Aaron had to ask.

"Maybe, it probably was, Aaron. We can't accuse anyone but it's very likely it is." Paddy told him.

"We'll sort this out though, gorgeous." Robert held Aaron's hand and smiling reassuringly.

Aaron smiled back, squeezing Robert's hand. "I hope we do. I mean, I thought I was going to lose you" Aaron whispered.

Aaron looked away, as tears filled his eyes.

"We'll leave you to it, Robert. We'll see you tomorrow Aaron." Chas hugged Aaron tight.

"Bye mum." Aaron's tears trickled down his face."

"Bye mate." Paddy hugged Aaron.

"See ya later, Patrick." Aaron smirked, using Paddy's first name.

Paddy smirked back and left the room with Chas, leaving the two men.

"I'll never leave you, Aaron. I was so worried when you said you'll be back soon. I thought your mum was going to kill me for pacing constantly on the carpet." Robert grinned.

Aaron laughed, tiredly. "That does sound like mum. I kept shouting your name and mum's and Paddy's and I lost hope because I knew you couldn't hear me" Aaron bit his lip to stop himself from sobbing.

Tears fell from Robert's eyes. "I swear, I won't let anything happen like that happen to you again. I'm going to be always with you." Robert kissed Aaron's forehead, hugging him tightly.

Should I tell him, I've got a surprise for him? Maybe that'll spoil the engagement...

"I'm just glad you're here." Aaron said through a yawn.

"Me too, beautiful" Robert smiled. "I'll let you sleep, you need it." Robert told him noticing Aaron's yawn.

"Will you stay?" Aaron asked, tightly holding Robert's hand.

"Of course I will." Robert smiled as Aaron's eyes shut peacefully.

Robert carried on smiling as he rested his head on Aaron's chest and let the sleep take him under...