Chapter 13 ~

Chapter 13 ~

"What's your name?" One of the ambulance guys asked Aaron.

Aaron was lying on a stretcher near the ambulance van.

"A-Aaron.." Aaron whispered.

"And your boyfriend's?"

"Robert... Can Robert come with me?" Aaron asked.

Robert came over to Aaron, mobile in hand. He'd just been ringing Diane to tell her the news.

Robert grabbed Aaron's hand. "You'll be okay Aaron."

Aaron nodded.

"Sure your boyfriend can come along." The ambulance staff told him, answering the earlier question.

"Thanks." Robert and Aaron said in unison.

Chas and Paddy came over. "We'll be following behind." Chas told him.

"Thanks mum." Aaron gave a weak smile before his stretcher was pushed into the van and secured safely in; Robert hopped into the van alongside Aaron.

The doors closed with a slight bang and the ambulance staff got into the van at the front and started to set off.

"You'll be okay, Aaron." Robert soothed.

Aaron smiled. "I'm sure I will. Thanks for staying here with me."

"Of course I would, you're my gorgeous boyfriend." Robert smiled. "Forever."

***

As soon as they reached the nearest  hospital Aaron got quickly pushed into a room. Doctors came out of nowhere into the room. One of the doctors stopped near the paramedic that came with them.

"Matthew."

"This is Aaron. He might have internal bleeding as he's been coughing up blood or fractured ribs as a car slammed into his chest." Matthew the paramedic told the other.

The other nodded and rushed into the room. Robert made a desperate step to see Aaron no matter what.

"I'm sorry but you'll have to stay here." One of the doctors told Robert.

Robert nodded and sighed, watching the doctor leave him.

Robert put his both hands through his hair, worried and frustrated.

"Robert!" Chas shouted from behind him.

Robert turned to see Chas and Paddy jogging towards him.

"What do they think he's got at this point, with the coughing up blood I mean." Paddy asked.

"They said possible internal bleeding, maybe fractured ribs." Robert sighed.

"I can't believe Chrissie would do this." Paddy shared, sitting down.

"You can't just assume though." Chas looked towards the room Aaron was in.

"Who else would want to hit Aaron with a car?" Robert asked.

"Nobody would." Chas shook her head.

"Exactly" Robert agreed. "Come on, Aaron." Robert whispered.

***

A paramedic rushed out of Aaron's room.

"Is everything okay?" Chas asked.

"Unfortunately not, Aaron has internal bleeding and we're not sure we can stop it."

"No, we're losing him!" A voice was heard inside the room Aaron was in.

Robert stood up, tears in his eyes. "No, Aaron! I need you! Please don't go. I love you!"

"I'm sorry, I have to go..." The paramedic ran off.

***

Robert started breathing heavily.

"No, Aaron.." Robert started crying. "I've lost him.."

"Robert. You okay?" Chas looked at him with concern.

"He's gone. Why!?" Robert cried.

"Who's gone?" Chas asked, a hand on his shoulder. 

"Aaron.."

"What? No he hasn't. They haven't told us anything yet since you nodded off."

"Oh."

Since when did I go to sleep?

"Aaron's a fighter. He'll make it. I promise." Chas hugged him.

"I hope he does. I need him. When did I go to sleep?" Robert asked.

"I know you do. 2 hours ago."

"I've been asleep that long? God."

"Paddy fell asleep for a half an hour too. I just hope Aaron's okay. I'm too nervous and terrified to go to sleep."

"I don't blame you." Robert told her, sympathetically.

A paramedic walked out the room. "Hi, family of Aaron Livesy, I presume?"

"Yeah." Chas nodded.

"I'm his boyfriend." Robert inputted.

"Okay. Aaron unfortunately has internal bleeding."

Please don't say "we're not sure we can stop it" like in the dream....

"Oh God.. Can- can you stop it?" Robert asked, desperately.

"Good news, yes we can! It's going to take a lot of hours. You're free to go home if you want?"

All the three breathed a sigh of relief.

Chas looked at the two boys beside her. "I'll think we'll stay."

"Okay." The paramedic nodded and went into the room again.

"See Robert? Told you he's a fighter" Chas exclaimed.

***

Robert started pacing, narrowing his eyes at the door of Aaron's room each time.

"Robert sit down, would you? You're even tiring me out watching you." Chas told him.

"It's been hours though."

"They didn't say how long." Chas said. Chas narrowed her eyes at Robert. "You look tired. Why don't you go to sleep?"

Robert shook his head. "I can't.. I'll dream the worst of him again.."

"I know but-" Chas started but a paramedic came out the room.

"I've got some news for you." He said, coming over.

Is it bad? Oh God...

Well here it goes...