Chapter 4 ~

Chapter 4 ~

Robert was stood at Wylie's farm in a stable. He could feel the wind blowing at the back of his neck.

Robert looked around.

Was this the stable where Katie died?

But if so, where was the hole where I pushed her through the floor?

Echoes of footsteps was heard behind him.

Who was it? He didn't dare look..

"Why the fuck did you kill me?" A cold voice asked.

  Robert turned around to see Katie standing there. Katie had dirty clothes on from the hole she fell down. Robert looked at her face to see blood overflowing from her broken neck staining her grey coat and her blue jeans. Her neck bones was sticking in different directions.

  Robert gagged.

  "Why - Why the fuck did you kill me?" Katie repeated.

"How are you alive!?"

"Answer the question!"

"What? I swear, I didn't - I didn't mean to ki-" Robert quivered.

"Oh yes you did!" Katie raised her voice, grabbing his shirt and throwing him down.

  Robert screamed as he fell through the floor.

"I - I.. !" Robert muttered, unsure what to say, uncomfortable on the broken wood and glass underneath him.

 "You shoved me through the floor, Robert! You were trying to kill me!"

"I didn't mean - I wasn't, I was trying to get the phone!"

"You're a murderer, a killer!" Katie shouted. "And you know it! Can't you admit the truth, an affair with Aaron!"

"No! I'm not! I'm not having an affair!" Robert shouted back.

"Yes you are, fucking accept it!"

  "No, I didn't! It was an accident!" 

Katie stepped closer to the edge. "Just accept it!"

"No!" Robert was sweating now and in tears.

Katie screamed and threw an object into the hole and it immediately hit Robert in the face.

  Robert grunted in pain as the hard object hit him just before he blacked out.

***

"Robert, Robert.." Aaron whispered, shaking Robert's shoulder.

  Robert woke up sobbing, clutching the pillow.

"Robert, hey what's up?" Aaron whispered, rubbing Robert's shoulder.

  Robert turned around and clutched Aaron's waist and sobbed into his chest.

  Every now and again Aaron soothed him by whispering "shh" trying to calm him and his tears.

  "Are you okay?" Aaron wiped Robert's wet forehead.

"It was a dream.. more like a nightmare.." Robert gasped.

"What about?"

  "Katie. It was Katie..."

Aaron sighed. "That wasn't your fault." Aaron reassured him.

  But it was he knew, it was an accident of course. Robert felt guilty, he always had been. Would Aaron believe him?

"... It - it was.." Robert admitted, the words felt like acid on his lips.