That's nonsense

Stevie needed another five minutes to get fully ready, but she wasn't allowed them as the doorbell rang and she had to hurry to open it, picking up Sulamith on her way, so the little dog wouldn't attack their guest. 

"Hey, come in. I need a few more minutes." 

"Wait, don't run away from me."

"What?" 

Jeremy stepped inside, closing the door behind him and slid his arm around her waist, his other hand caressing the side of her face as he drew her in for a kiss. 

"Oh, that..." 

"Yeah, that!" He rolled his eyes, laughing. "I missed you, you know?"

"I missed you too, but we have to be at Lindsey's in half an hour and my makeup requires a few small touches here and there." Stevie was on her way back to her bedroom as Jeremy followed close behind, unable to keep his hands to himself. "Are you okay with this dinner arrangement?"

"I don't really care to be honest. As long as I get to come back here with you after it."

"Things between Lindsey and I are going so well, I couldn't decline such invitation from him. I mean, I know he's doing this just because he wants to see you."

"To see me?" He frowned, sitting down on the edge of the bed. 

"I let it slip that I was going to go on a date later tonight and he wanted to know all about it and he wants to be sure that the man I'm seeing is not 'an asshole who wants to fuck around and then leave', so Lindsey thought it would be great if we came over."

"But we're not really seeing each other?"

"I know."

"We fuck."

"Jesus, I know! You don't have to spell it out for me." She applied the lip gloss and ran the hairbrush through her hair for the last time. "Right, I'd say we can go."

Jeremy was driving himself, following directions given by Stevie that he didn't necessarily trust a hundred percent, but he figured, out of everyone she should know where her band mate lived. They drove up the driveway and got out of the car, suddenly, Jeremy became very territorial, taking Stevie by the hand as they walked to the front door, despite his earlier claims of them most certainly not being a couple. 

"You look beautiful." He told her, kissing on the cheek, while they waited to be let it. 

"Thanks." She smiled back at him. 

Kristen opened the door a moment later, stepping aside to let the two in. "It's been too long!" She pulled Stevie into a hug. "I'm so glad you came tonight."

"Thanks to your husband being so thoughtful." Stevie mentioned Lindsey. "This is Jeremy."

"Hi, Jeremy, I'm Kristen." 

"Nice to meet you." He gave a half smile, which was his thing, easily charming women with it. 

Lindsey appeared at last, instantly looking at the other man. "I'm Lindsey."

"Jeremy." The two shook hands, with a small nod of their heads.

"Steph." Lindsey hugged her close to himself, lingering for a second too long. 

"Thanks for asking us over, Linds." She said, kissing his cheek as they pulled apart. 

"Thank you for coming." His eyes darted back to Stevie's date, his blood starting to boil. Even as a man, Lindsey couldn't deny that Jeremy looked good, well dressed, fit, lightly tanned skin, his hair down to his shoulders... Lindsey mentally shook himself out of his thoughts, thinking he was noticing too much about this man.