Ch-20 A Glass Ring

Crystal's P.O.V

They kept me at the hospital for a few more days, to make sure i was all better. Gaara has never once left my side. When were alone he will actually smile and show emotion. I think he does it just for me.

During the week i helped Gaara catch up on all his paper work and by the end of the week he was actually ahead of schedule.

: " The sun is setting. Let's go sit on the roof. We haven't done that in a long time. "

Gaara nodded his head and led the way to our favorite spot. Where we could see over the whole village, watch the stars and feel the wind blow gently by.

We sat in silence until dark came.

Gaara: " Do you still have the necklace? "

I pulled the glass teddy bear necklace out for him to see: " Of course i do. "

Gaara: " Would you keep something else from me? "

: " If it's from you, why wouldn't i? "

Gaara reached into his pocket and pulled out a small dark red box. I was a little confused, but it didn't take me long to see what it was. He opened the box to revel a glass ring. A single small diamond with two ruby red hearts next to it.

Gaara: " I...I made the ring. "

: " It's beautiful. "

Gaara took the ring out and set the box down. He seemed rather nervous for once in his life.

: " You ok? "

He lifted his head, took my hand while looking into my eyes.

Gaara: " You and Naruto have changed my life. If it weren't for you i would still be trapped on my dark path. Stuck in my world on loneliness. Some how you have warmed my heart and changed my outlook on life. I want you to stay with me forever. I want to be able to protect you. I want to love and be loved. Crystal? "

: " Ye..yes? "

Gaara: " Will you marry me? "

Looking in his eyes, the anger and loneliness that once dominated them. Were no longer there. I could see happiness and love.

: " You didn't even have to ask Gaara. Of course i will. "

He cracked a small smile as he slid the ring on my finger. Then pulled me into his warm embrace.

*Snap* *Snap* *Giggle* *Snap*

: " What the heck was that? "

Gaara sighed: " That would be Temari. "

: " Hold that thought then. "

I vanished from everyone's view, landing behind an unexpecting Temari. Who was behind an air vent with a camera, still giggling. I leaned in real close to her head.

: " May i ask what's so funny? "

Temari jumped from her crouched position and started blabbering on about something.

: " Temari! "

Temari: " Uh..yes? "

I glomped her in a hug: " Were gonna be sisters!! "

Temari: " OMG! He actually did it?! "

: " You knew? "

Temari: " He came to me and asked how he should ask you. "

: " You are so gonna be my maid of honor. "

Temari: " I already knew that. "

Gaara peeked his head around the air vent to see Temari and i rolling on the floor laughing.

: " O, hey teddy bear. By the way Temari, i so want a copy of that picture. "

Temari: " Sure thing. "

I was gonna love being apart of this family and maybe start one of my own.