Ch-17 Free by Death

Gaara's P.O.V

( a few months after Crystal was taken )

' Why? Why is she taken from me again? Am I forced to suffer for everything I have done wrong? For everyone I have killed? How can she leave me with a feeling of loss? Why do I feel like I am missing a part of me? '

I sensed something flying high above the village. It was made of the very same clay that Deidara used against Crystal.

' Why is he back? '

I changed into my fighting equipment and went to the roof. It wasn't long before he jumped off his bird and landed near me.

Deidara: " Infiltration successful. "

He looked up and saw me. My arms were crossed and my anger was building. This was the man that took Crystal. From what I heard from Temari, he might have even killed her.

My sand attacked him and the fight began.

Crystal's P.O.V

I've been held captive by these idiots for months. They seriously underestimate me. I could've easily broken out of here anytime, but since I couldn't move at all for a little over a month, I decided I should rest up first.

Konan was the one who took care of me. She's healed most of my injuries. I'm pretty sure I can kick butt now, well to a point. She is the only one around here who is remotely nice to me. Well besides Tobi anyway, but he acts just like a kid. I'm going to wait for the right moment, then I am so out of here.

(A few weeks pass )

Most of the members are not in the hideout and I think their sealing a tailed beast at the moment. This would be the perfect time to escape. .... If there was another way besides the wide open cave, which they are all standing in. Sigh.

(Couple hours later )

I'm free of the chains that were supposed to hold me.. ' idiots '...I could barely make out them talking about people about to intrude.

' How in the world do you find an Akasuki hideout and who in the world is stupid enough to break into one?? '

When I felt the walls shake, I kicked down the door and ran for the now huge hole in the cave wall, but stopped half way there.

Right there, not moving, laying on the ground with Deidara sitting on him was Gaara. They had sealed his tailed beast and that...that kills the jencuriki.

??: " Oy, what the heck are you doing here sis?!! "

I looked to the destroyed entrance to the hideout to see Naruto, Kakashi, Sakura, and a familiar old lady.

: " I was kidnapped again by these idiots! Is there any communication with the sand village?! I've been gone for months!! "

Deidara: " Who you calling idiots!?! "

Naruto tried to attack Deidara, but Kakashi held him back: " I'm going to kill him!! "

: " Not if I do it first!! "

I watched Deidara gulp, then make another clay bird. The bird swallowed Gaara and took off into the air. Naruto chased after them, Kakashi right behind him. I jogged over to Sakura.

Sakura: " Why aren't you following Deidara? "

: " Because I trust my brother to put a serious hurting on him. Anyway let's get.... "

??: " Sasori, you haven't changed at all. "

Sasori: " But you have grandmother Chiyo. "

They talked for a while, I just stood there highly confused. 'They are related?? Weird. ' Soon a fight started. Sakura had told me to stand back since she could tell I still wasn't fully healed yet. Sakura has definitely gained some strength. I think she could almost match mine now, but her control in chakra has far surpassed mine.

After I watched them battle for maybe a few minutes, I decided I could go after Naruto. Chiyo had her puppets out and Sakura was destroying quite a few of Sasori's army of puppets. I figured I would only get In the way if I stayed any longer.

It didn't take me long to catch up to Naruto and Kakashi, but the nine tails was acting up. Naruto was covered in an orange cloak. I landed on the branch beside my adopted father.

: " I hope you got something to calm him down. "

Kakashi: " Jiraiya gave me a chakra seal. I just have to somehow get it on his head. "

: " Um, good luck with that. "

Kakashi sighed before he jumped out of the tree. As soon as he hit the ground Naruto turned around and tried to land a hit on him, but Kakashi was able to get out of the way.

I rolled my eyes: " You really have no idea what to do, do you? "

Kakashi: " Neither do you. " He dodged another attack from Naruto.

: " Point but I think I could get it. "

Kakashi: " Be my guest. "

I jumped out from my spot in the tree and grabbed the piece of paper from Kakashi's hand. Naruto lunged for us again, but I flipped right over his head. Naruto turned around and I stuck the paper to his forehead, but he didn't stop right away. I got burned all over my left shoulder.

Naruto sat on the ground, just blinking for a couple minutes before he registered what had happened. Then he had me in a death grip hug, saying how sorry he was.

When we noticed Deidara was still nearby he finally let go of me. Guy's team chased him into the opening we were in and I noticed he was now missing both his arms. I fell to the ground laughing.

Deidara: " What are you laughing at, un? "

: " You. How are you going to fight us now, huh? "

Deidara smiled darkly.

Kakashi whispered to me: " You just had to egg him on, didn't you? "

: " You sure know me. "

Deidara's body started disappearing. A mess of black lines left in its place. The lines condensed into a ball and said "Kustu  "

The explosion was literally the biggest one I have ever seen and probably the biggest one I'll ever see and still be alive to talk about it. Kakashi activated his Mengkyo Sharingon and sent the explosion into another dimension.

( Everyone makes it to the field close by )

I felt terrible, looking at Gaara. He was dead. No longer alive you know. I can't believe it. A single tear escaped and slid down my face only to be stopped by my brothers finger.

Naruto: " Don't worry Crystal. Things will work out, I promise. "

Chiyo sat down next to Gaara and made a few hand signs. Both Sakura and I gasped, we knew this justu would end her life, but it would also give life to another.

She put her hands on Gaara's chest, chakra barely visible, she frowned.

Chiyo: "I don't have enough chakra. "

Both Naruto and I spoke at the same time: " Use mine. "

Chiyo nodded to us and we put our hands on top of hers. The chakra was clearly visible now, but after only a minute, I could no longer keep my eyes open. I slumped where I sat and fell to the side.

' I hope Gaara comes back, although I don't think I will be there to see it. '