Ch-12 Ouch

Kakashi's P.O.V

I was in a competition with gai to see who could take out the most enemy ninja.

Things were going pretty well for me until someone snuck up behind me.

I was kicked down and the sound ninja had a kuni to my throat.

' darn i didn't make a clone in time. Well i never thought i would go down this way. '

I narrowed my eyes at the ninja who had me pinned. He brought his weapon over his head. A sick smile grew on his face but before he could kill me, he was tackled to the side.

I leaned up on my elbows to see Crystal standing above a now dead sound ninja. A single ice kuni to the heart.

Crystal: " Were even now Kakashi. " She looked around for a few seconds as i got to my feet. " I trust i can leave the rest of this to you. I'm going to help nii-san. "

I looked around, there were only a few enemies left. I turned back to tell her to go only to see she was already gone.

Your P.O.V

I jumped over the wall of the arena to see really just how massive this attack was. There were battles going on left and right, summonings here and there, plus elemental attacks flying by.

' I just have to get to nii-san though....and Gaara....i hope they don't hurt each other to much. '

I took one deep breath before i set off to find my brother and my teddy bear.

Branch to Branch, touch off from the ground, back in the trees.

' I can sense your chakra nii-san, just hold on a little longer i'm almost there. '

While pushing my legs to go faster, i had to calm my mind. I'm probably going into a battle. I have to be focused.

Sure enough, when i finally reached them, Naruto and Gaara were fighting each other. Sasuke looked pretty much out of it and i think Sakura is unconscious, pinned to a tree.

I got there just in time. Naruto was flung into a tree and didn't see the sand shiriken coming straight for him.

" Nii-san!! Look out behind you!! "

Naruto glanced behind him and saw the incoming shiriken, but then he ducked and tried to cover himself. A sweat drop appeared on my forehead. Do i really have to save his butt again?

I dove of my branch, grabbed onto him, using the force of the jump and added weight to make us fall of the branch. I was able to make sure Naruto wasn't hit, but i wasn't as lucky. One managed to scrape my thigh.

We rolled across the ground, my arms still around him.

Naruto: "Crystal, what did you do that for? You could've gotten killed! "

" A big sister has to protect her little brother and besides we could get killed every day being a ninja. We must be ready to take that risk every time we receive a mission. "

Naruto looked at me i guess in awe or something.

" Now let's get some sense knocked into Gaara. You with me? "

Naruto smiled: " You bet! "

I brought my fist up, Naruto did the same, we bumped our fists then pulled away making a small explosion sound. Hey it's what we do.

After getting back up into the trees, i could finally see Gaara. The beast within was deffenitly trying to make an apearence. Half and his body was covered in sand, little purple lines resembling veins across it, his right eye was no longer the color of the sun setting sea. It was yellow with small symbols in it.

" Gaara!! Snap out of it!! Don't let Shikaku take control!! You are in control!! You can stop him!! "

Gaara growled and turned to face me. I jumped landing onto the same branch as him.

" I know you can do it. Don't let it rule your life Gaara. Please just ..... "

I was slammed into the trunk, Gaara was in my face. Drool was coming out one side of his mouth as he spoke.

Gaara: " I live only for myself. I love only myself. Why should i listen to you little girl? "

His grip on my arms tightened, i squirmed under his hold.

" Because i want my teddy bear back, not the beast which seeks to kill. I want the real Gaara. "

His grasp loosened and for a spilt second his eyes changed back to their normal color.

" Please Gaara. "

Gaara shut his eyes and backed away from me, bringing his hands up to his head and falling to his knees.

Gaara: " Crystal, you need to run away. Now, run now!! "

" I told you before Gaara. I would never run away from you. "

Although i probably could have seen this coming, Gaara head turned up to the sky and he let out a fearsome growl. Before i could move out of the way his tail came around him and smashed me straight out the tree and into the ground. Cracks ran both around me on the ground and through out me in my ribs.

The next thing i knew i could see the complete form of Shikaku and a giant toad. Where the heck did the giant toad come from??

Rain, an absolute pour down for a few seconds. I had to spit some water out of my mouth.

I faintly heard someone say Wind Bullets. Air rushed by, the trees around were uprooted and started falling down.

Crack, Crack, Boom. Then a loud crack right in front of me, looking up i could see the tree falling. It would land right on top of me if i didn't move. Stupid broken rips, i'm so screwed.

With what little strength i had left i managed to roll just enough so it wouldn't hit the main portion of my body. Limbs however, those were a different story.

The tree landed on my right ankle, then another tree landed diagonally over that one, hitting my head and adding pressure to the one already on my ankle.

I glanced out through the brush covering me to see the nine-tails biting the one-tail.

' And now i'm hallucinating. Just great....'

Those pretty colorful circles filled my vision, then darkness.