twenty seven

Harry sat by Rosemary's bedside with Celestina every hour of every day, well, the hours he could get between work at least. She was still at the top of things important to him and he refused to listen to what the doctors told him; she would wake up, he knew it.

He was a mess. His poor Rosie was trapped in a coma and they had no idea when she would wake up. Celestina was far too young to understand what was going on but she did notice how upset her father was and leeched onto that feeling when her Mummy didn't ever come to comfort her anymore.

A large portion of the city had been ruined that night, most of it burnt just like it was the Great Fire all over again. Churches that had been restored and so many historical buildings had been decimated along with half of the city and Harry and Rosemary's home.

Hundreds of families were devastated but Harry felt like he'd been hit the worst, his beautiful constellation's light was fading in front of his very eyes and he could do nothing but sit and watch as he took care of their perfect little star who didn't understand why her Mummy wasn't there anymore.

He'd thought she'd left him forever when she lost consciousness in his arms that night and he nearly lost his mind trying to find somebody, anybody to help him. It felt like he had just lost everything even though he knew their little girl was still perfectly okay and perfectly his.

He couldn't help it, he'd given his heart to this woman years ago and grown so attached that now if either he or she were to leave again he wasn't sure that he could learn to cope with it.

Now, he sat in her hospital room with their little girl every day and told her stories of the constellations every night before he left in hopes that she would wake up. He had heard somewhere that coma patients might be able to hear even though they were unresponsive and he didn't want her to just sit in silence for all that time.

That and there was the pure fact that talking to her about the stars kept his mind alive with the idea of her waking up because she wasn't dead and he figured that if she heard his voice enough she would find her way back.

Harry held on to her hand a moment longer after the nurse had given him all too familiar five minute warning. This happened often because he simply just didn't want to leave her.

"I guess I have to say goodnight now my beautiful Rosie. I miss you so much, and so does Celeste. We'll see you tomorrow, same time as usual. Goodbye my love."

Harry kissed her lips gently and frowned, it just wasn't the same. He missed his beautiful Rosie more than he had when he was away at war.

                                                                                                . . .

"There is this beautiful woman named Rosemary, and she is one of the top journalists on the world. One night, while she was leaving work, she bumped into a man and caused him to drop all of the things he'd been carrying.

They each apologized to one another as they picked up everything the man had dropped. Rosemary had picked up his journal last and handed it to him.

That's where it all started. She looked into his eyes and he looked right back, neither of them really wanting to ever look away.

The man cleared his throat because of how nervous he'd suddenly become and she'd stood up quickly, a rosy tint to her cheeks.

She asked him what all of the stuff was for and he was very excited to tell her Astronomy until he realized it turned people away, it was already too late so he tried to brush it off as a joke. He hoped that she was different and that she would like him anyway because there was just something about her that held his attention.