four

Two months had passed since they'd kissed on New Year's and neither one of them had even broached the topic yet. There wasn't a lot to say really, their kiss had said it all.

Okay, that was a lie. There were so many things to say but neither one wanted to be the first to say them. But, at the same time, each of them spent the majority of their time desperately wishing that it would happen again.

"Rose?"

Rosemary looked up from her book, a small smile playing at her lips knowing that he had been watching her, "Hmm?"

Harry was nervous and she could tell, "Do you remember um how I kissed you on New Year's?"

The heat rose in her cheeks so fast that it was almost unreal, her smile becoming very difficult to contain, there wasn't a way that she would ever forget, "Yes, I remember."

"Did you- did you want that to happen?"

Rosemary closed her book and gave him her full attention, he was beyond nervous and she found it rather endearing, "Yes, did you?"

His bright smile returned and his nerves seemed to have settled once she had confirmed his thoughts, "Yes, more than anything."

Rosemary smiled at him in turn, happy to hear him finally say it, "So, where do you want to go from here?"

One of his hands went behind his neck, a nervous smile now replaced his usual bright one as his eyes were now cast to the floor, "Do I really have to say it?"

Rosemary was sure that her cheeks were bright red, "Not unless you want to."

Harry hesitated briefly, his eyes lifting to meet hers, "I'd very much like for you to be my girlfriend."

Rosemary grinned, her smile lighting a fire in his heart, "I'd very much like that too."

. . .

"Happy birthday Rosie!" Harry kissed her cheek and handed her a very poorly wrapped present the moment she had stepped out of the radio station.

Rosemary's cheeks flushed instantly at the gesture, "You remembered!"

Harry was slightly puzzled, why wouldn't he have remembered?

"Of course I did! Why wouldn't I have?"

Rosemary shrugged shyly, her gaze lowering briefly before meeting his again, "Usually no one does unless I remind them. Thank you Harry."

She stood on her toes and kissed his cheek, her lips lingering momentarily, warming briefly from the heat of his skin that contrasted the frigid air around them.

"Well? Are you going to open your present or is this deny your boyfriend a reaction day?"He joked soon after and Rosemary rolled her eyes playfully, "Alright, Alright!"

As she unwrapped her gift she commented, "You really couldn't have made this easier to open could you?"

Harry grinned, "Nope!"

He knew that he was terrible at wrapping things but at least he wasn't upset about it and took it with a good sense of humor. What mattered to her was that he gave her something in the first place, he was still trying even though he had her and she couldn't have asked for anything more.

Rosemary beamed as the last strip of paper was set free, revealing a small journal like the one he had and a book on the constellations she'd been reading when they got stuck at his place during snowstorms, "You didn't!"

"I did! Do you like it?"

Rosemary was ecstatic, "I love it! Thank you so much!"

Without a second thought, Rosemary stood on her toes and kissed him. It hadn't been a very long or passionate kiss but it was sweet in it's nature and special because it was rare between them.