Chapter 1

*Story has been recently edited JULY 2020

Chapter 1

" Eww!" Miroku. That was gross." Kagome laughed as she grimaced at her best friend's disgusting habits. Miroku mixed ketchup, honey, mustard and mayo into a ramekin of butter and dipped his fries into the mix.

"Don't hate on my special sauce." Miroku chewed contently on his fries.

"You see what I have to deal with? I mean, you must pity me deep inside." Sango muttered dramatically.

"Oh please, you know you love me..." Miroku smiled as he puckered his lips and came close to her face which immediately was halted by her hand.

"You touch me, you die." Sango frowned.

"I'm pitying you as we speak, Sango " Kagome laughed as she took a sip of her coffee. She looked at her watch as her laugh faded into silence and glanced out of the window of the coffee shop with a heavy sigh. "Do you guys know what's up with Inuyasha lately? I haven't seen him for like a week. Every time I call him, he keeps the conversation short and blows me off." she scoffed. "Did he say anything to you, Miroku?"

"Nope, I haven't seen him since last week either." Miroku took a bite of his breakfast burrito and dipped it into his secret sauce.

Kagome frowned and tilted her head. "Hmph... I called him last night and he said he was hanging with you." she looked at Miroku questionably.

Miroku shifted in his seat and met eyes with Sango who turned to look at him suspiciously." Oh, that's right, I forgot...um...my brain's been stuck on slow, sorry. I...have to get going." He wiped his hands clean with a napkin. "Sorry, babe. Work." He quickly kissed Sango on the cheek and flashed Kagome a forced smile.

Kagome looked at Sango who shrugged.

"Ok...that's not suspicious at all." Kagome scoffed. "Why would Inuyasha lie and say he was with him?"

"I don't know, Kagome." Sango sighed sympathetically. She looked out of the coffee shop and observed people walking past.

"He's been acting so weird the last couple of months. You know, like, he's always so busy and when I call him, he's always rushing me off the phone. Even when we kiss, it's like those weird friendly tap kisses, so passionless."

Sango stirred her coffee and took a sip. "Hmm, that is weird."

"I mean..." Kagome leaned closer. "We don't even have sex anymore. Like...it's been months."

"Seriously?"

"I know." Kagome looked away feeling embarrassed.

Sango's lips twitch as she thought deeply. "maybe something's up with him...did you ask?"

"Well, I've tried but...he gives me short answers and then tells me it's nothing. I guess, he's been working a lot on his music...so when he comes home, he'd be completely burnt-out?"

"I don't know, Kagome." Sango retorted in disbelief. "He's a guy. They're never too tired for that...but I don't want to put things in your head."

"What do you mean?" Kagome's eyes widened. " Are you implying something?"

"I'm not implying anything, Kagome. I am just trying to assess the facts given. I mean, if he were any other guy, I'd say he was cheating on you...but this is Inuyasha here...he went throughout our pubescent years of school pining for you. He wouldn't be so stupid." Sango assured her with a warm smile.