Chapter 18

Harry is a cute sleeper :))))

Enjoy this chapter!

________________________________

I cracked an eye open, confused about where I was for only a moment before recognizing Harry next to me, as well as Murphy's soft fur brushing against my arm. I groaned slightly at the twinge I felt in my neck when I sat up. I noticed the quiet music coming from the TV and realized that the DVD must've finished because the main menu was cycling on repeat. We'd had to switch the DVD halfway through the first one, The Fellowship of the Ring, which I could successfully say I'd never had to do when watching the same movie until now. We'd even started The Two Towers, but a look over at Harry's sleeping form confirmed that we'd both fallen asleep somewhere during the first half.

We'd both been greatly enthusiastic when we'd started the marathon, but it was a lot harder to get through these movies than I'd originally realized. I didn't feel disappointed however. Actually, it was the opposite. Not finishing meant I would be coming back to Harry's some other time to continue the marathon. It made a warm feeling bloom in my chest that was particularly difficult to ignore.

I reached over Harry and grabbed the remote, turning off the TV and rubbing my eyes with my other hand. The music stopped and Harry stirred next to me. I gave myself a moment to watch him, taking note of his arms that were crossed in front of his chest, and his eyebrows that were slightly furrowed, his hair that was a slight mess, casting shadows over his face. And then I placed a hand on his shoulder and gave him a light shake.

He mumbled some gibberish about not wanting to get up, but it only took a couple more tries for his eyes to blink open. I smirked when he let out a defeated whine.

"Come on, Harry. It's gotta be only like..." I glanced out the window at the black sky, "twelve-thirty at night. Where's all your energy?"

He laughed and shoved my face away, groaning as he stood up and stretched, cracking his back for good measure. He turned toward me and pulled me up, disturbing Murphy from her nap and causing her to jump down from the couch, her tail wagging excitedly already.

"Let's go upstairs. Don't lie, you've gotta be exhausted after the water park all day, and I'm definitely ready to tap out," Harry tugged me along behind him.

"What about Murphy? Where does she sleep?" I asked.

"Wherever she wants," Harry huffed out a laugh. "Most of the time, in my room, or my brother's when he's home."

The mention of his little brother again. I was curious why a brother that was younger than Harry wouldn't be at home all the time, but I didn't ask because I was starting to realize that Harry was slowly letting me in. He would tell me when he was ready. I was getting the distinct feeling that maybe something was wrong with his little brother. Maybe not wrong, but just not like usual.

"Oh yeah! Where's your mom? I thought I was gonna meet her tonight," I reminded Harry.

"Yeah, she probably got home a few hours ago, but didn't want to bother us. My guess is she'll wake us up bright and early tomorrow so she can meet you before work," Harry released my arm as we started climbing the stairs.

"I don't know how fun I'll be at 'bright and early' o'clock," I mumbled, and Harry snickered.

"Trust me, me neither. I'm sure she'll try and entice us with pancakes and bacon," Harry said.

My stomach rumbled at the thought, but I needed sleep more than food at the moment. Harry turned left at the top of the stairs and opened one of the three doors that were down the left hallway.