Filming

-Ryan's POV-

I inwardly groaned. Brendon and I were at some isolate park somewhere near the college. We were filming for the project. "Why do we have to do this now?" I plead. "We have heaps of time, plus I've got a lot more homework to do that's due in a few days."

"Same here, but I thought this would be more fun." He grins that childish grin of his and holds the camera up higher. In a deep voice he says solemnly:

"Mr Ryan Ross." He booms. "Tell us what we will be doing for our project."

I try to suppress a smile. But then I remember what I have to talk about.

"We will be trying to explain the cause and effect of bullying and abusing. Note that I said trying." I try to smile at the camera but you can tell it is forced. "This is because it is always different. Some people take bullying different ways. Self-harm, suicide, ignore it, although that is pretty hard to do. A lot of the time, it ends in more pain. We will be talking about the different types of bullying, what causes it, and how it effects other people."

I have Brendon a thumbs up and the blinking red dot on the camera faded away.

"That was AWESOME!" I could tell he saw the pain in my eyes when I spoke of the subject.

-Brendon's POV-

His eyes flashed in agony then to hatred. It killed me on the inside but I had to do this. I just had to.

"Scene one down, four to go. Plus all the interviews we have to do."

I began packing up the camera when Ryan began to take a few tentative steps towards me.

"Bren," he says, his voice wavering, "I think someone is watching us."

I shoot up from where I was crouched on the grass and sure enough I see a small cloaked figure walking towards us.

"Excuse me." I call out. "Hey! What are you doing here?"

"Mr. Ross?"

"Yeah?" Ryan answered, unsure of what to do.

"Your dad sends his love." The boy smiles manically. He spat at Ryan and drew a small object from his coat. He threw it at Ryan and ran off laughing. Ryan bent down to pick up the object and gasped, he threw it at the grass with surprising speed and crushed it beneath his foot. I stepped towards Ryan, unsure of what to do. What could cause him so much pain, even more than I am causing him?

"Ry?" He spun around.

"We need to go."

"Why?"

"NOW!" I walk back and pick up the camera. We walk in silence to the car and he hops in.

-Ryan's POV-

Tears welled up in my eyes but I fought them. Brendon started the car and music came on.

Blink- 182.

God that's good music.

"I think I left the tripod at the park." Brendon interrupts my thoughts and I nod. He leaves and a little later his figure appears in the side mirror.

"Lets go."

We drive back to campus, silence overwhelming us.