Some Things Never Change

-Brendon's POV-

"No more... fighting or weird stuff or... whatever, okay? Just plain and simple, focus on the project."

He nodded solemnly. I felt bad about closing the door in his face but I felt even worse about ignoring him. So in class I spoke to him quietly. I think he was startled to hear my voice after all this time because the look he shot me was pure ice. 

The project was something that needed to be taken care of. We were running behind and only had a week left to finish it. A WEEK! And we had four days left of filming. I asked Ryan what days would suit him. So we penciled in everyday of filming until it was completed.

The first day of filming just started out awkward and stiff. But we got a lot of content.

The second day was better. We started talking more. He wore the scarf. I was happy.

-Ryan's POV-

The third day was a little complicated when it came to filming. Our chosen person to interview lived about three hours drive. I asked him to bring music, he didn't exactly do as I had planned.

 "A FREAKIN' GUITAR?!" I exclaim once again as I drove down the road. He just grinned and kept on strumming in the back seat of the van. Brendon had done some crazy things in the past but this was just hilarious. I could't help but break the somber mood I was in and laugh.

"Oh shut it, " he calls over the guitar which isn't that loud, "It's probably better than what you can do anyway."

He then sits up straighter and stops playing.

"Oh." He gaps, like a mildly surprised banker. "Oh my." 

"What?" I ask him, amused at his odd behaviour.

"Pull over." He commands, a little absentmindedly. I do as he says.

"We need to have a competition!"

"A what?"

"A competition! On who can write the best song!"

I stare at him, still confused.

"We can put the song as the background music for our video! It will be perfect."

I shake my head and grin.

"Sorry buddy, but you know who'll win."

"Yes but I still want to do it."

I start driving again and we begin to discuss it.

Not a competition but we'll both write two separate songs. Whichever one fits the most in the video, we use. Or we could use both. 

I began to think of ideas. Tunes. Lyrics. I was excited.