chapter six

CHAPER SIX

Wherever that source of comfort and warmth went she followed, snuggling closer and sighing in content at the tantalising scent that accompanied it. She hadn't slept so soundly in a long time and she just wanted to stay that way for the rest of the day, but when a strong and muscular pair of arms draped around her, pulling her into what seemed like a chest and a good guess was, that was where the warmth was coming from.

Confusion washed over her for a nano second before everything came flashing back but she couldn't remember what happened last night. A low gasp escaped her lips as her eyes flew open almost immediately and she sat up, the abrupt action causing a painful pound in her head. She groaned quietly, cradling her head before taking in the figure laying on his side beside her.

Ella scooted away from him like he was some plague and fell unceremoniously on her butt on the carpeted floor. She carried herself up while mumbling a curse.

How did they end up in bed together?

When she felt herself shivering from being away from the bed, only then did she realise her state of partial undress. Her jaws dropped to the floor–literally– suddenly she felt outraged.

''Vergara, get up this instant!'' she half yelled, her mind still clouded her heart racing fast; she hadn't planned for anything to happen last night and it's even more frustrating to know that she couldn't remember anything except for the way his eyes had burned into hers.

She doesn't feel sore or anything and she wouldn't be in her underwear would she? Ugh! How much did she drink last night?

Snatching the covers from him and wrapping it around her, she slapped his leg furiously. Dylan groaned and stretched before his eyes flew open only to roll languidly back into his skull.

''What are you doing in the same bed as me?'' She demanded alarm visible in her tone.

Dylan sat up, supporting himself against the head board with his brows raised.

''What do you mean, we're married?'' He deadpanned.

''I thought you were going to sleep on the couch!''

''I can't believe you don't remember.'' He baited folding his arms, amusement dancing in his eyes.

Ella's brows creased, ''Remember what? What happened?''

Dylan leant forward smirking, ''Hold me Dylan, kiss me...don't stop.'' He teased further horribly mimicking her voice.

''I did not!'' she cried her eyes widening as she did. ''I would never say something like that!''

...only in my head of course.

''Why not? You wound me.'' he placed a hand against his heart dramatically. ''But I must say you were quite a vixen love, I should get you drunk more often.'' He grinned.

Even though that wasn't what he'd intended, it was amusing watching that horrified look on her face.

''Why, you jerk!''

''Thanks, it's an honour.'' He smirked.

Ella searched around for something to chuck at him and found a pair of slippers.

''I hate you!?'' Dylan chuckled loudly while hopping out of bed to save himself from her wrath.

''Ella—''