chapter five

Dedicated to jk182880

CHAPTER FIVE

Before Ella had even gotten to the foot of the stairs, Dylan was already there and it's not because he was waiting for her but he seemed to be on the phone with his back to her. He'd changed into a white shirt and faded jeans, his hair neatly styled gave him a fifteen year old look. He appeared like a normal guy and not some uptight business mogul behind a posh Sheraton chair.

She looked away, her cheeks heating up in embarrassment as he turned abruptly towards her, there was a short pause in his conversation before she heard him mutter, ''I'll call you back.'' He shut the phone with a click as their gazes locked for a second before his roamed over her length languidly, caressing each curve; the glint of male appreciation in his eyes didn't go unnoticed and her heart soared at that discovery.

She realised suddenly that she shouldn't be on cloud nine just because he looked like he could ravish her any moment, she was still mad at him for everything.

The yellow halter-top sundress was Idad's idea; she'd insisted that Dylan would want to kiss her feet when he sees her in it and by the looks of it, it seemed like it was working. His eyes weren't on her dress anymore, they were transfixed on her legs where her dress had ended, showing off a bit of her thighs.

This was one of those moments where she was actually grateful to Denise for insisting that she waxed her legs. The heat of his gaze burned through her body causing delicious tingles all over her, the sight of him undressing her with his eyes made her desire intensify and right now she could think of nothing but him teasing her bare skin with his talented mouth and shedding the lacy lingerie Idad had suggested.

Stop it Ella!

She chided herself internally, he would probably go over his head with laughter if he knew that she desired him right now and for God's sakes, she was supposed to take control of her mind and body but what does she do when she's alone with him? She gets so turned on that she was willing to anything with him if he said anything classic or he gave her that look that clearly said drop your pants and come over.

Idad what have you done? Ella could swear she was in her twenties but the woman was past forty and Ella could never imagine her being so frivolous in her youth.

Ella felt nervous under his intimate scrutiny, and when his eyes met hers again she couldn't look away; their eyes spoke volumes and for a moment there he appeared like he was going to say something but he looked away instead towards the dining area.

Ella swallowed a lump that had lodged in her throat feeling hurt all over again at being rejected–not that she had wanted something to happen of course–but, it still hurt; a fatal blow to her feminity.

Letting out a ragged breath, Dylan took a chair at the table. He poured himself a glass of whiskey which he downed in one gulp; he was nervous, and he couldn't remember when he had ever been nervous because of a woman. God what was she thinking wearing something as enticing as that?

He thought with a frustrated sigh, realising that she wasn't going to make it easy for him. She had forbade him to touch her much less kiss her and he had promised her that she'd be the one to decide whether she wanted to take their marriage to the next level.

When he looked up from his plate, Ella was sitting across from him, barely touching her meal but taking small sips from her half-filled glass. When their gazes locked, he couldn't help but notice how radiant she looked under the candle light, her skin glowed, her smoky-grey eyes sparkled and her lips looked so ripe and inviting that he suddenly felt the urge to taste them...

Realising what he was doing, Dylan looked away and cleared his throat and he asked the only question that came to his mind.

''Why aren't you eating?''

''I'm not... hungry, just...thirsty.'' She helped herself to the whiskey gulping down a full glass before reaching over almost immediately for a refill.

''You're going to get drunk. And don't forget what a bad drunk you are.'' He chided softly.

Ella ignored him.

That's precisely it, if she was going to get through tonight with him all the way, she needed something strong to calm her fluttering nerves; and alcohol was that thing.

She was violently ill before she was even halfway through her third glass. And without bothering to get rid of the evidence, Ella straightened up, tottering as she did. The room spun for a moment and she could hear Dylan chuckle from the door way.

She snorted then slurred, ''I'm glad I could entertain you.''

''You shouldn't drink if you can't handle it. Look at you, you're acting like an idiot.''

Instead of getting angry at the insult, Ella pouted adorably then grinned stupidly wagging a finger in front of his face. ''Hey! There are many of you!''

Dylan rolled his eyes but that didn't stop an amused smile from outlining the corners of his mouth, what could he do? She's such an adorable drunk.

Ella tottered again, flailing her arms as she almost went down but Dylan's strong arms were around her in a split second. She giggled as her face fell into his chest; she lifted her head only to ram it into his jaw.

He winced and cursed under his breath.

She slurred an apology before standing on her tip toes and wrapped her arms around his neck, her face inches from his. ''Mm, you look so sexy. Kiss me.''

Dylan raised an amused brow, he more than any one knew better than to oblige a drunken woman and this one he knew would have his head when she's sobered up and he couldn't help chuckling as he imagined the look on her face after she realised what she'd done tonight.

He was so looking forward to teasing her tomorrow.