chapter three

CHAPTER THREE

Ella sat fuming in her seat on the private jet that Dylan had all but shoved her into along with Idad. Dylan hadn't spoken to her after he told her to get changed and meet him downstairs and afterwards he had made a spectacle of them by kissing her in front of the entire guests. Ella was furious at him but was more furious at her own body for betraying her at that moment, blatantly arching into him wanting more than just the ravishment of her mouth.

The guests hooted and oohed. Dylan who had seemed oblivious of everything led her out of the house amidst the cheering crowd. She could already see the headlines: Dylan Vergara eager to Wisk his new bride to their secret honey moon destination. He had carefully placed his hand at the base of her spine as he stowed her towards the waiting corvette.

''Are you alright, you seem awfully quiet?'' he asked a moment later but Ella ignored him and gazed out of the window. He had the galls to ask her that. She found it extremely pointless to pack a box full of eccentric outfits and lingerie when she had no use for them.

The air was cool as it kissed her flushed face, it was the sweet relief she needed after that stuffy reception.

''Darling do you feel ill? I can get you something–''

''I'm fine Idad don't worry.'' Ella gave the woman a warm smile. It was her idea to have Idad come along so she wouldn't be left alone with him, of course Dylan had been against it but in the end he had to give in.

Dylan knew why she was sulking and giving him the silent treatment and he wasn't sorry about it. After he had walked in on her in Jason's company he saw red. He had thought of nothing but retribution and the look on Jason's face was priceless and that made his day.

''You're angry.'' He prompted suddenly.

''And you're annoying me go away.''

''You know that's not going to happen.''

''Then I'll go away instead.'' She unclasped her seat belt and started to leave but Dylan caught her elbow.

''You're still angry about the kiss.''

''No I'm thrilled.'' She spat sarcastically. ''I was very clear when I told you that there shouldn't be any more physical contact between us but you still did it anyway not giving a hoot about how I'd feel.''

''You're being irrational Ella, we're both married now and our guests needed to see that we're in love.''

''I'm not a trophy that needed to be flaunted around and there's no need to lie to me Dylan, you did that because you wanted to spite Jason for some reason I do not understand.'' She snapped, her voice raising an octave, grateful that Idad was taking a nap in one of the adjoining bedrooms.

''He fell in love that's why and you seemed so smitten by him that you're willing to do anything.''

''Jason doesn't see me that way.''

Dylan snorted, ''don't be naïve even a blind man can see that he loves you. Did you plead with him to make you his the same way you did with me?'' he sneered.

Her stormy eyes flashed furiously at him, her palms itching to strike across his arrogant face.

''You're a heartless jerk!'' She yelled bolting away from him.

The tears she'd been fighting so hard to hold back gushed out like an exploded dam; the degrading memory flooded her, suffocating her. She angrily swiped the tears from her face, willing herself to be strong and not break down but she couldn't and she hated herself for it.

Dylan sank back in his seat, pinching the bridge of his nose only now realizing the damage he's done. Here he was trying to make up for upsetting her at the reception but all he'd succeeded in doing was adding a ton of coals to the burning fire. What was wrong with him? And what's it about her that made him want to say the wrong things all the time? And all he's ever done was make her cry.