chapter four

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND SHARE IF YOU LIKE IT.                       

CHAPTER FOUR

When they landed, Ella wasn't surprised to find a limo already there waiting for them. It struck her for the first time that Dylan was very organized; he always knew what he wanted and does it with an amiable sophistication which she found appealing.

A warm breeze plastered against her face and bare arms. Her outfit was a blue split-necked knee-length gown that hugged her slender frame and showed off her ample curves, it was Denise's idea and Ella had disputed at first but after seeing herself in it she fell completely in love with it.

The drive was silent and it was something that didn't go unnoticed by Idad who kept glancing from one to the other wondering if they had fought.

Ella glanced out of the window at the vast unfamiliar landscape before her eyes settled on the huge mansion in front of which the limo came to a halt. It was pitch black for her to notice any unique features or take in the beauty of it; somewhere not faraway she could hear the waves crashing into the ocean as she breathed in the scent of fresh midnight blossoms.

''Oh, I didn't know we were coming here.'' Ella met Idad's surprised expression as she took in her environment.

''Why Idad? have you been here before?'' She inquired curiously.

Idad nodded, ''Yes, then we came with...'' she trailed off as Dylan cleared his throat giving her a warning look which didn't go unnoticed by Ella. She glanced between the two, her eyes narrowing in suspicion.

What were they hiding? She thought, a depressing knot forming in her stomach, if Idad was talking about someone being here with Dylan before who was it?

Another woman perhaps?

Ella vaguely recalled Idad telling her something about his heart being broken once but the woman's name had fled her mind.

''Are you coming in or not?'' Her musing was rudely interrupted as Dylan's deep voice called halfway from the mansion.

Quick greetings were exchanged between Dylan and the staff while Ella admired the beauty before her; it was almost like Villa Vergara but with a touch of gold. Ornate paintings hung beautifully on the walls. The roof above was thoughtfully crafted with high ceilings. The floors were a sparkling set of marbles.

By the left towards the end of the front door was a spiral staircase that led the way up.

''Idad, show her upstairs.'' Dylan said in a bored tone.

''I want my own room.'' Ella demanded in a whisper loud enough to be heard by him alone.

''No.'' he dropped and walked away before she could protest.

''So much for asking.'' She muttered under her breath.

''Come along now dear.'' Idad held her hand as they made for the stairs.

Ella saw two gangly maids whispering to each other while making calf-eyes at Dylan's retreating figure. She rolled her eyes and snorted, he must have such a devastating effect on every red-blooded female–including you a voice in her head pointed and Ella couldn't agree more, perhaps it's just the instinctive natural pull of woman to man.

''Did something happen between you two?'' Ella's attention snapped back to Idad.

''Huh?''

''You're acting cold toward each other and it makes me wonder if you two are truly in love with each other.'' Idad pushed a white oak door and they both went in.

''Well...i—'' Ella racked her brain for an excuse. ''It's just how we are... um, we don't... we don't always like to suffocate each other.'' She bit down her tongue hoping the excuse was plausible enough even though it was the dumbest thing anyone would say.

''Nonsense! That's not showing love at all.'' Idad strongly argued, ''You ought to be in each other's company as often as you can; hold hands and kiss each other...tsk, young people now a days,'' she shook her head. ''Dylan seemed so mad earlier.'' She added a moment later.

Oh you don't say, Ella thought sarcastically, visibly shrugging but suddenly felt like a fish bone had lodged in her throat when Idad remarked, ''But don't worry though after you two have spent a night of passion you'll feel differently.''

Ella smiled half-heartedly before her eyes drifted to the king sized bed, the sight conjuring up images that made her visibly shiver. How could she not get her own room? Shaking her head wryly, she sighed internally unaware of how audible it was.

''What's wrong dear, are you tired?''

''Yeah. I guess I am.'' She concurred.

''No! you can't get tired.''

''Why not?''

''Because it's your first night with Sir Dylan and you don't want to ruin it.'' Ella flushed a deep crimson; oh God this woman was just as unscrupulous as her mother. Listening to her was like listening to Adele and Ella didn't like it at all in fact, she was beginning to regret asking her to come along.