chapter two

CHAPTER TWO

Ella stared blankly at her reflection on the wall mirror; she was beautiful no doubt and she could hardly recognize the woman before her. But behind that exquisitely crafted cheekbones, full lips and gorgeous eyes lied a dark, dark heart full of pain, frustration and misery. It had only begun to dawn on her that she was finally bound to Dylan Vergara for a year and half and only now was she feeling the full impact of what she'd signed up for.

You're doing it for your family. She inhaled deeply and exhaled after her little pep talk. She caught Jason's reflection behind hers.

''Jason!''

Ella felt the tension slowly ebb away. She wanted to hug him but she didn't want to be on the receiving end of Dylan's wrath. A bitter taste formed in her mouth when she thought of that night.

She loathed herself for yet again allowing herself to fall for Dylan's seduction. Maybe turning her away that day was his way of exerting revenge on her for what she feels for his friend.

She didn't want this life, didn't choose it and she definitely didn't want the cruel and ruthless Dylan Vergara who cared nothing for her feelings.

Jason smiled slowly. ''How's the most beautiful bride in Lucena?''

''Don't flatter me.'' She punched his arm playfully.

''I'm not, it's the truth.'' She laughed.

''Oh Jason, I'm so glad you came.'' Even if he had no real feelings for her she was glad to have him as a friend and relieved that there was no strain or awkwardness between them after that kiss on the night of the engagement party.

''How are you doing Ella?'' He asked seriously.

''I'll live.'' She smiled in an effort to lighten the situation.

''I'm sorry about that night, I didn't mean to take advantage of the moment—''

''It's your fault as well as mine. What happened was a mistake.'' Ella felt as if she'd bitten on a sour grape.

''He didn't give you a hard time did he?'' He asked worriedly. Ella bit her lips and looked away.

''No, he didn't.

''I'm glad to hear that.'' He smiled and Ella smiled back.

Suddenly, Ella's eyes widened as they collided with Dylan's furious ones and her heart hammered violently, afraid that he might take a swing at Jason.

His insides churned like lava ready to explode, but Dylan kept clenching and unclenching his fists to keep calm. He strode into the room ignoring her reproving glare he knew that if he did anything rash she might hate him more than she already did so instead of lashing out, he spoke in the most calmed tone he could muster.

''Jason, so nice to see you. I'm glad you could make it to our wedding.'' He made sure to emphasize the our so his friend would get the message.

''I'm glad I could. I was just leaving.'' Jason replied tight-lipped.

The two men stared down at each other in a disdainful glower, each sizing the other before Jason left.

When Dylan's gaze reverted back to her, Ella met those piercing blue orbs squarely without flinching but was surprised to see his features relaxed as if nothing had happened. He took slow precise strides towards her but Ella backed away still holding his gaze.

He was acting so weird, she thought.

When her back hit the wall, she realized she was trapped. But she was ready this time, for she was taking control of her mind and equally her body.

He brought his hand to her face still holding her gaze and surprised her by extricating a loose strand of her dark hair and tucking it behind her ear. The deliberate graze of his finger against her sensitive flesh made her tingle to her toes, and the intense way he stared at her made her warm all over, she gritted her teeth hating her reaction towards him at his barest touch.

Dylan straightened and cleared his throat, ''you should get changed,'' he said. ''Meet me downstairs in fifteen minutes.'' And he was gone in a flash.

Ella still in a daze was stunned by his warm gesture, what was wrong with him? Instead of rage, he appeared worried; instead of biting her head off he spoke softly to her.

What was happening to the devil incarnate Dylan Vergara?

don't forget to vote and comment if you like it!!