Chapter 10: New Life

Hello Peep's, I am ready to write another chapter so here you go. I really wish someone would comment and tell me how I am doing. Well I hope you enjoy and please tell me what yall think. Thanks for reading. JenCullen28.

Chapter 10: New Life

I just jumped out a three story window and I took my shoes off and tossed them back into the room and then Edward held his hand out to me and I was a little scared but I had him with me. “Jennifer, are you ready to go learn how to hunt?” Edward asked me. “Yes I am, my mouth is so dry and I need a drink bad,” I told him. We then started to run and I felt free, I loved the way the air was blowing against me when I was running. We came to the creek and I stopped and Edward looked at me. “Are you OK honey?” he asked me. “No, how am I going to get over that?” I asked him as I pointed at the water in front of us. “Oh honey, just watch me and then you can do what I do,” he told me. So I stood at the edge and then Edward took three steps back and then he jumped over the water, when he landed he looked at me and told me to “jump”. So I took a few more steps than he did and started to run and I stopped at the edge and looked at my dress, I was not going to be able to jump with this thing on so I ripped the bottom up my leg some and I heard Alice gasp and I laughed. So I took the same steps I did a minute ago and then I took off running and I jumped over the creek. I landed in a tree and then I started to have fun playing it the trees, I was going from one tree to another and well I was just having fun.

I jumped out of the tree when I heard Edward running up to me and he just laughed. “Well I did it, I just did not know how far I went until you came to me,” I told him. “Wow honey, you did a good job at that so now follow me and lets go find some blood,” Edward told me. So he took off running and I was following him, he then stopped and I was not paying attention and ran past him and I had to run back to him. “Why did you stop?” I asked him. “Well, you want to stay in the US or were you planning on running to Canada?” He asked me. “Oh sorry, I just love the way it feels to run like this, I am so fast and the wind feels good,” I told him. He laughed at me and then he came up behind. “OK honey, close your eyes and smell the air and tell me what you smell,” he told me. So I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath and at first I smelt the woods, the trees, leaves, dirt, and the musty smell of the wet ground. I then started to smell something small and I could hear the mice and the other small animals. “Edward, all I smell really is just the earth, what am I suppose to be smelling?” I asked him. “Well Jennifer, the wind is going to pick up in a minute and then take another deep breath and you will see,” he told me. So I waited and then the wind picked up and I started to smell something sweet. I then opened my eyes and let the thing inside me take over, I started to run toward the smell. I looked back because I heard someone following me and I stopped and turned around and let out a growl that I did not know I could do. I went into a crouch and was ready to attack and then I saw Edward and I felt so bad that I did that to him.

“Jennifer honey, I am sorry, I did not mean to scare you like that. When you took off like that I was having trouble keeping up with you. One thing, tell me how you stopped in mid hunt when you heard me? I don't understand, your just a few hours old and you stopped mid hunt because you heard something following you,” Edward told me. “I am not sure honey, I was smelling what ever I am smelling and then I heard you coming up behind me and well I did not know it was you, so that is when I stopped to defend myself until I saw it was you. I am so sorry honey, I did not mean to growl at you like that, I feel bad about it. Then Edward came up to me and started to hug me. “Honey it is OK, I am not mad at you. I am however, surprise at you tho, most new born can't stop mid hunt when they have to smell of there pray and well you did,” Edward told me. “I still feel bad and I don't know how I stopped either, but I am glad I did. I have no idea how I would have lived with myself if I had attacked you,” I told him. He started to laugh and I was getting annoyed at him. “OK honey, lets try this again, here comes the wind again. Now take a deep breath and go for what you smell,” Edward told me.