Chapter 15: Night Watcher

*Ella's POV*

 "Well that was weird. But he seems nice." Lily says as I start to pack up our little picnic.

 "He is nice." I smile at the thought of Seth, my boyfriend. Mine. Sure I sound a little possessive but after what I saw happen with him and Marie I wanted to remind myself that nothing was happening and that he was still mine. "So Marie. What did you think of him?" I wanted to know her opinion on him.

  "Marie?" I ask after a minute of silince. I look up and see that she has drifted off into her own little world smiling like a complete idiot.

   "Um what?" She says shaking her head free of thoughts. "Sorry. I was a little...distracted."

   "I asked how you liked Seth." I see her blush and I get angry. "Well?" I ask a little to harshly.

   "Oh sorry got distracted again. And he's VERY nice." She emphasizes the 'very'. But I blow it off nd remember what I just told myself. He's mine. I finish up with all the cleaning and pull out my phone to call my parents.

  "Maybe we can come back tomorrow when it's light out and go swimming." I suggest and I get nods of their heads in return. My mom picks up on the fourth ring and she says that she's on her way.

 *Marie's POV*

   What was I going to do? I liked Ella's boyfriend. And I mean REALLY  like him. It's like I've experienced before. When we first made eye contact it's like I stopped breathing. I just wanted to run up to him and hug him.

  I felt really bad because my thoughts kept getting on the wrong track. They kept going back to him. I wanted nothing more than to stop these thoughts. They all started with me wanted to hug him, hold his hand, and then wanting to kiss him. I stopped my thoughts not wanting t go any further than that. He was my best friends boyfriend for god sake!

   "Come on Marie my mom's here." I hear Ella say. I shoot my head up and run over to the car getting in behinf Lily and Ella. These thoughts had to stop, but just as I thought that my thoughts went back go him. I buckle my seat belt and lean forward in my seat holding my head in my hands.

  "Marie? You alright sweetie?" I look up to see that Ella's mom has asked the question. She's watching from the review mirror.

  "Yeah I'm fine. Just  a little tired." I lie. I never liked lying. But I didn't need to tell anyone what was really going on my mind.

*Ella's POV*

 When we get back go my house I get out and walk up the path to my front steps.

  "Okay guys. It's time for a tour." I say directing it at Lily and Marie. I guide them through the front into the living room.

~

 After our short tour I led them into my bedroom.

"And this is my room. You'll be sleeping here for the next couple days." I say while walking into my room.

  "This is so cute!" Lily screams as she runs over to lava lamp.

   "Lil. It's just a lava lamp." I laugh at her excitement.

     "But i've always wanted one and it's amazing." She says.

      "I know what my Christmas present for you this year is then." I say.

      "El! I would looooove you forever." She says dragging out the o. I laugh and take their bags and put Marie's things on the couch and put Lily's things on  cot in the corner of my room.

     "It's getting pretty late. Maybe we should get to bed." As if right on cue, I yawn.

     "I call the bathroom!" Lily exclaims as she grabs her bag and runs to the bathroom to change. I shake my head after her.

      "Well she hasn't changed a bit." I say as pull back the covers on my bed. Too tired to change before I fall asleep.

       "You're lucky. You left me alone with her and now I have to deal with her craziness all by myself." Marie says. I turn towards her giving her a look to say 'now that's not nice.' But we both burst out laughing. When Lily walks in we're still laughing.

      "What's wrong with you two?" She asks. But it makes us laugh even more.

      "Oh nothing." Marie says as she walks by Lily bringing her pj's with her.

    When Maire comes back in I turn off the lights and we all get settled in our sleeping positions.

       "Today was a nice day. Maybe we can go out tomorrow and do some shopping. I haven't had a girl best friend since you guys so I didn't have anyone to talk clothes about." I say this and the girls seem shocked.

       "Yup. We have to fix that. I girl like you can't go forever with any new clothes!" Marie says before yawning.

        "Sounds good. Night guys." I say as I turn on my side and close my eyes. In a matter of a few minutes i'm in a deep sleep.

 *Seth's POV*

   I had to do it. I knew it was a bad idea but I just had to check. I was on my way over to Ella's house. I know how I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't go anywhere near Marie but the urge was too Strong. And people break promises to themselves all the time so it was fine. Right?

  I finally get to her house and I listen closly to the noises inside. Everyone was alseep. Good. My plan was working. I just needed to see Marie.

  I walk over to where Ella's bedroom was located. Her room was on the second floor so I stand under her window looking up at it. What was I going to do? I look around me taking my surroundings in. That's it! My eyes land on a tree not to far from where I was standing. I quickly run over to the bottom of the tree and start making my way up it, going for branch to branch. I'm careful as I go further up.

   When I'm right in line with her window I peer in. I could see Ella silently asleep in her bed. My eyes scan the room and next my eyes spot Lily asleep on the cot in the corner of her room. My heart beats faster as I can tell Maire is close. I turn slightly to the right and my eyes lock on her still form. She was breath taking. My imprint. Nothing could deny the love  I felt for her. But I loved Ella! I shake my head clear of the thoughts I had with Marie.

    As I shake my head my foot slips on the branch and falls over the edge. I try to catch myself, but it's too late. The rest of me follows behind my foot falling over the edge. Before I know it the wind is blown out of me when I hit the ground and I grunt at the pain. Just great.