Chapter 2: Moving

*Ella's POV*

   My name's Ella. I'm what you would consider a quiet girl. I wasn't very popular and I didn't have many friends. Maybe one or two close friends. That's why I wasn't that upset when I found out my parents wanted to move. But what I kind of questioned was why Washington? We currently lived in a big town in Virginia. Washington is all the way on the other side of the country! Which meant a lot of traveling. We were shipping our belongings and then taking a plane to Washington. This was my last day here, and I planned to spend it with my best friends, Lily and Marie. I was taping up my last box when I hear a soft knock on my door.

   "Come in." I say as I set the box on the floor with the rest of the boxes. I turn around to see who it is and see that it's Marie and Lily.

   "Hey guys." I say as i walk up to them hugging them because I know I won't be able to do it soon. As I pull back I see a light tear slip down Lily's face.

  "Oh Li. Don't cry." I frown as she wipes is away.

  "I'm going to miss you so much." She whispers.

  "I'll miss you guys too. But i'll come back to visit, I promise. And you guys still have each other. It's not like you're going to be alone." They both nod slowly and Marie tucks a strand of her blond  hair behind her ear.

   "Ready to go get ice cream?" Marie breaks the silence and Lily's crying with her question. She already loved sweets. I smile at the thought of what kind of person she was, I was going to miss her in Washington. I was going to miss both of them.

~

  After our ice cream date we went to the arcade together for one last time. That arcade held some memories for me. For one, I had my first kiss there, two, That's where I had met Lily, and three, The three of us had become best friends. We would hang out and then really get to know each other there, we would play games all night until the place closed. I sigh as I turn around and look up at the old place. Boy was I going to miss Virginia and all the memories it held for me.

   I smile as I feel someone grab my hand from behind me and tug me away. I turn around and give Lily's small hand a squeeze. I then reach out for Marie's and smile up at her when she takes it. That's how we walk back to my house, three best friends.

  When we reach my house I hold my breath before breathing out in a gust. I slowly turn around to see Lily's and Marie's sad expressions. This was going to have to be our final farewell.

  "I'm going to miss you guys so much." I reach out to them and we wall embrace in a group hug. I fear a tear slip down when we pull away. We talk for another minute or two before my mom came out to call me in.

  "Come on Ella. You have to go to bed. You have a big journey tomorrow." My mom says from the front steps before saying, "Good bye girls. It was nice knowing you." She turns and walks back into the house before I pull them in for one more hug. I watch as they walk down the street to their houses. That was the last I was going to see them, for at least a while.