Chapter 3: Boring Monday

*Seth's POV*

  Today was Monday, meaning back to school. Boring. I sit in the back of the room of my english class. I look out at the trees in the woods right outside on the other side of the window that is in the middle of me and my happiness. What I would give just to be outside running around in my wolf form. I yearned to feel the wind rush past me while I run full speed all around the reservation. I told the rest of them I wanted to take a trip to Canada one day. To get away from Washington and it's wettness. It was, once again, raining. But rain or no rain i'd rather be out there instead of being kept up inside like everyday.

   "Seth?" My thoughts were disturbed when my English teacher, Mr. Lynn, had called out my name. Did he ask me a question?

   "Um,what?" I had no idea what they were talking about. He sighs as the rest of the class laughs at my obliviousness.

    "I asked you to tell us a little about what you had learned from the book so far. But as I see, you don't even have the book with you." He peers at me and at my empty desk. He shakes his head and turns to one of the other students. "Stacy? How about you? What have you learned?"

  Let's just say I haven't been doing so well in school because I would always day dream about running free. There was interest in school work, especially reading a book. We were currently reading Romeo and Juliet. One of the oldest love stories, which I still didn't care for. Great. People found love. So what? I lean down to retrieve my notebook from my bag, and a pencil to sketch. Reading completely forgotten.

   After another 15 minutes I look down at what I had started, it was a drawing of a wolf in an open field looking happy as ever. What I wanted to do right now. I'm brought to my senses when the bell rings to conclude class. I rush to put everything away and as I reach the door to go to my next class but i'm stopped by the feel of a hand on my shoulder. I turn to see who it is, I peer down at Mr. Lynn's worried expression. He was completely tiny under my tall height. With all this changing stuff I have grown to almost six feet. Which was pretty tall for a 16 year old boy.

   "Seth, I'm worried about your grades and how well you're doing in school. I know you might not enjoy being here but I just need to get you focused."  He looks up at me and pulls his hand away. Sure he wanted to help me, he was a teacher. It was his job to get the students on the right track. Little did he know, I couldn't be helped.

  "I know. I'll try harder." I nod my head and start walking towards the door again when i'm stopped by his voice behind me.

   "Don't go yet. I'll being willing to help you but I also need help with something." He walks over to his desk to grab a paper. When he returns he speaks again. "We have a new student coming tomorrow. I would like you to help and make her feel comfortable. Do you mind showing her around? You're a nice kid, i'm sure you could do it." I was a nice kid. I could make friends easily.

  "Sure. What his...or her name?" I ask as I lean against the door frame. I was getting a little impatient. I was going to be late for my next class.

  "HER name is Ella. Ella Pearson. She moved her from Virginia and she'll need a new friend.  She'll be here tomorrow. So if you could just go to the office when you get into school that would be great. I think she has some of your classes with you. So it wont be that hard." He shows me the paper he has. "This is her schedule." He hands it over and pats me on the back. "I'll give you a pass to your next class. Thanks for helping out." After he finishes the bell rings and all the students for his 5th period class take a seat.

   He hands me the pass and I exit the room. I look down at the schedule as I walk to my next class. This wasn't going to be hard. Or was it?