Chapter 4: The Reservation

*Ella's POV*

   It has been two days. Two days since i've seen Virginia. Today's Monday. On Saturday we left on our flight to what I know call home, Washington. Tomorrow i'm suppose to start classes at my new school. Oh what joy. I just hope I would be liked by a few. I don't want to be that shy new kid no one liked. I wasn't one that was good at making friends, I had a hard time just walking up to someone and trying to make a conversation. Back in Virginia I lived there since I was born and so did many of the residents in my small town so we all grew up together. Everyone got a long an new everything about the person next door. All of our parents went to school together and even our grandparents. But now in Washington, La Push to be exact, everyone seemed to live like that too. Everyone grew up together. And now i'm one of the outsiders.

   I finish unpacking my last box, which is full of books. I loved to read. I place the remaining books on my book shelf and step back to see what I had done to my new room. It was about mid afternoon so sun shown through my open window, which had also brought a light breeze with it. It felt relaxing as I lay back against my bed and turn my head to the right to see that my room fit me perfectly. It wasn't a big room but it had everything that described me. I had painted it light blue, my favorite color. I had a desk that held all of my writing and art tools. I was sort of an artist. Many thought I was good at drawing and painting but I just didn't see it. I just painted to set myself free for a little while.

  I heard a little rustle on my left before my little calico cat hopped onto the bed next to me. She seemed to enjoy the new house, it with all of it's little nooks and crannies to hide into. I smile when I hear her start to purr when I pet her behind the ear. At least I had one friend here. I'm a little startled when  my little brother runs into the room.

   "Ella! Ella guess what?!" I sigh and roll Nala off to the side, my cat.

   "What is it Nathan?" I stand from the bed and look down at my 7 year old brother. He was shorter than my 16 year old self. He came up to my shoulder, which wasn't bad for his age. I was considered a little short for a 16 year old though. I stood at 5 feet and 4 inches.

   "Mom said we could go to the store today. Aren't you excited? We could meet new people!" Nathan was basically the only one who was excited to make new friends. He couldn't wait until tomorrow when he started in his new second grade class. I was starting Sophomore year in high school. Only two and a half more years in till college. I was planning on going to school on the East coast but now that we moved my plans were ended. Sure I can still go, but I wanted to stay close to home.

  I sigh and feel that I have to get out sometime and meet new people. So why not start today? I'll have to do it tomorrow. I walk over to get my phone and some money and follow Nathan out the door. He ran a head while I walked a steady pace and shook my head at his excitement.

~

  After a few hours of walking around town I think I knew the place pretty well. It was really small compared to my city back in Virginia, and I thought that was small. But while we were out we managed to get  more school supplies for me and some toys for Nathan. He even met a little boy named Gregg who happens to be in second grade right now. So leave it to Nathan to make a friend before me.

  It was getting pretty late so I change into my pajamas and nestle myself into bed. I think about what tomorrows going to be like. Would I be a freak everyone didn't want to talk to? Or the new girl everyone was interested in because there was someone new in town? I drift off to sleep thinking about what tomorrow's  going to bring.