1.4

+Chloe+

Today was finally my birthday. I was finally 18 and finally legal and that really excited me. But after Luke had came over to my house I got to thinking about what he said.

Yes Ashton will always be my teacher and I can't deny that, but I could make him stop being my teacher. Luckily it was only December, so I was able to change my schedule. So that morning I went into school extra early and made my way to the guidance counselors office and asked for a change in my schedule.

I had decided it would probably be better off if I dropped music all together and just pursue it at home. If Ashton and I got caught, they would most likely let him go quicker if he was my teacher.

Once I had finally changed music to art, I made my way down to Ashton's room and showed him my schedule.

'Your dropping Music?' He questioned, reading the paper over and over again. I nodded, watching him run his hand over his face. 'But why? I thought you loved it.'

'I do love it.' I laughed, 'Its just, if we get caught together, there's a better chance of them dropping the charges if your not my teacher.'

'Yeah but I don't want you stopping music for me Chloe.' He protested, standing up from his chair and making his way to me. 'I want you happy.'

'Ashton I am happy.' I smiled, 'I'm happy if this means I can have you all to myself without any worries.' I kissed him on the lips lightly, then hearing the first bell go off.

'Happy birthday Chloe.' He smiled, kissing my forehead quickly and pulled away when teenagers started filling the hallways. 'I'll see you tonight with your presents.'

-

Since Madison was still recovering in the hospital, I was basically alone for the day. I had to walk to classes on my own, eat lunch alone, I was basically on mute. But that all stopped the end of the day when Luke followed me out to my car.

'Hey Chloe.' Luke yelled, running up next to me. 'Damn you walk fast.' I ignored him, walking fast to my car and unlocking it. But I wasn't fast enough, when I started my car I looked over to see Luke in the passenger side. 'Go away Luke.' I groaned, turning off the engine and waiting for him to exit the car.

'Well hello to you too birthday girl.' He smiled, still looking at me. 'What do you want?' I asked a little harsh. 'A few days ago you basically insulted me, you need to get out of my car.' I watched as his hands clenched up when I became sassy and I realized I needed to keep my cool before he looses his.

'I want to be friends Chloe.' He sighed, 'Please.'

'Friends? Luke you beat the shit out of my best friend.' I stated, 'You don't deserve my friendship.' He was silenced for a minute, probably trying to regain his thoughts.

'I'm trying really hard not to get mad.' He spoke, cracking a few knuckles on each hand. 'Luke, you do know you can go to jail for what you did to Madison?' I asked calmly and he nodded.

'But it's not like I did it alone.' He protested, 'I'm not that stupid.'

'No Luke you are stupid.' I sighed, 'You don't just hurt someone so bad to put them in the hospital because they wouldn't listen to you.'

I finally looked back at him, seeing the tears well in his eyes. Great. 'I-I'm so sorry!' He wined, 'I j-just really l-like you!' I rolled my eyes, resting my head on the steering wheel.

'Luke, if you're really sorry you'll leave me and Ashton alone.' I said, watching him wipe the tears from his eyes. He nodded, looking me right in the eyes. 'You're right, why are you always right?' He mumbled, running his hand through his hair.