1.2

+Chloe+

'Madison, just hang in there! The ambulance is on the way.' I repeated over and over again. I don't know how this could have happened, I mean I just saw her a few hours ago in school and she was perfectly fine.

I rushed into the bathroom and grabbed a washcloth, running it under cold and water and dabing her face lightly, praying she would wake up. Before the ambulance even had time to arrive a heard the front door open and footsteps coming up the stairs. My bedroom door was thrown open and Ashton's face went from all smiley to full on shock.

'What the hell happened?' He asked, dropping the containers of food on the floor. 'I-I don't know, I got h-home and she was sitting o-on my bed and then s-she passed out.' I stuttered. To be completely honest, I was scared. I would never wish this on Madison in a million years. She was my best friend and she didn't deserve this.

'Well did you call an ambulance?' He asked and I nodded, feeling tears over come my eyes. Now is not the fucking time to cry Chloe. 'They said they'd be here soon.' I announced, still rubbing the thin piece of cloth over Madison's face.

-

Once the ambulance came Ashton and I rushed behind the ambulance, following it to the hospital. But now we have been here for a good few hours, sitting impatiently in the waiting room waiting for the answers I desperately needed. Like, Who did this? Why did they do this? And is she going to be okay?

Yes, I am worried. But all this time in the waiting room got me thinking, what if Madison was forced to do something. Like watch me and Ashton. Why else would someone beat her like they did? And I know that wasn't her father on the phone, she either wouldn't answer or they would argue for the next twenty minutes.

'Chloe Rose?' The nurse called out, snapping me from my thoughts as I looked up to see her with a smile on her face. Please be good news. I stood up from my chair and watched as Ashton followed me. The nurse led us to Madison's room, seeing her slightly awake. I smiled, knowing she was okay. She may have done terrible things, but maybe it wasn't her fault. I had to hope.

'Hey Chloe,' Madison began, 'Um, Mr. Irwin, can I talk to Chloe, alone?' Ashton nodded, smiling at me and quietly leaving the room. 'How are you feeling?' I asked, pulling up a chair and sitting beside her. 'I've been better.' She replied, making us both breathe out a small laugh. 'I have something to tell you.'

'You better,' I stated, 'You were beaten and cut up in my room Madison! You have explaining to do! I was so worried.' 'I know and I'm so sorry.' She sighed, 'Um, so I don't know where to start.'

'Start from the beginning.' I stated, watching her reach for her phone on the side table. 'Well, here it goes.' She breathed out.

'Well, remember back in ninth grade when you dated Luke, Luke Hemmings?' Her question sparked a memory of when I dated the tall, blue eyed and blonde hottie that ruled the ninth grade. But our relationship really didn't last than long, he only wanted me for sex, which sadly, he got. 'Well, he never got over you.' I raised my head to meet Madison's eyes, afraid of what she might tell me.

'He found out about yours and Ashton's relationship and kind of freaked out. He knew I thought Ashton was hot, so he came to me to try and bring him down. What he didn't know was that I didn't want a part in it. I didn't want to hurt you.' She continued, 'He told me if I didn't help h-him, he'd r-rape me.' She was now in full on tears, making me do the same. To hear how awful Luke was being towards her broken my heart.

'Oh my God.' I gasped, softly pulling Madison into a hug, trying not to hurt her. 'I-it's not the w-worst part!' She cried out, pulling away from the hug. 'H-he knows you b-broke into my h-house! He couldn't b-believe I was so careless! He t-told me I deserved w-what I got.' She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.