14.

'Oooooow. It hurts.' Tim was not looking so fresh.

'Ssssh.' And neither was I.

Somehow, we had both made it into work the next day and now we were paying for it big time.

'I can hear my heart beating. I had forgotten what happens the morning after I go drinking with you.' Tim was trying his best to focus on his work but I had the same problem - my heart sounded like it was about to beat the blood out of my ears.

'I told you to sssh, didn't I?' I attempted a laugh afterwards but that just made my hangover feel worse. 'Ow.'

'Shall we just go home and blow off today? The project is finished and I have a day filled with phone calls that can all be put off till tomorrow. Sound good?'

'It is like you read my mind. I was actually wishing you'd turn around and let me go home - I think I'm about to throw up.'

'Not in my office you don't. Go get some rest.' Tim was already ushering me out of his office and into the corridor.

'Wait.'

'Yes?'

'Fancy coming over tonight? Tiffany is still away and I want to make the most of it before she is home and I have to have 'the talk'. You can bring food, otherwise you'd starve.'

'Ah, crackers and rice - I remember your place well. Sounds good to me, but I'll bring over enough for the two of us. You are wasting away attempting her crazy health plan!'

'Actually, I've been cheating quite a lot, but don't tell her that.'

'Haha, I won't. Actually, now you've said that, maybe I can tell you a few of your secrets tonight at dinner.'

'Please do! I feel so hungry all the time. Now I must go before I fall asleep standing.'

'Bye.'

I went home and crashed onto the bed as soon as I possibly could.

--

I woke up to the sound of the doorbell. Crap, I must have slept all day! After a quick scramble for some clothes, I ran for the door.

'Hey!' I was slightly out of breath and dressed in pyjama bottoms and a work shirt.

'Ah, somebody clearly just woke up. Want me to come back later?' Tim was at the door, much more alert and awake than I was.

'No, you can come in. I may just need to go sort myself out though before I attempt to entertain you.' I let him in and motioned for the living room. 'Be right back, make yourself comfy.'

10 minutes later and a lot more suitable for company, I came down the stairs to a fresh cup of coffee.

'Thought you might need this.' Tim pushed the cup into my hands.

'Thanks.' I went to sit down but remembered he was supposed to bring dinner. 'Oh, you said something about dinner for two. I don't know about you but my stomach is about ready to digest a horse. Hangover is definitely over now.' I gave him a smile and looked around for the food.

'Not just yet. I thought it would be nice if I brought over some stuff to cook instead of take-out. I imagine that's what you have been living off and it's not good for you.'

'Actually, I'm a pretty good cook and I have been dying to do something proper since I came back from Wolverhampton. Oh, but I don't have many cooking utensils here - I hope you haven't brought anything too fancy to make or we'll be a bit stuck.'

'Come this way, and I shall reveal one of your many secrets...' Tim looked very mysterious and was leading me towards the stairs. He could sense my confusion. 'We are heading to the attic dummy. It's were you hide things. I would have thought you'd have gone up there ages ago...'