1.

I am Jason, 19, and from Wolverhampton. Now some may say our accent is terrible and that we don't sound very bright. Some may not even understand us all. And that's OK, because they can suck it. I know I'm awesome.

Currently, I am playing Halo on the x-box, waiting to start my shift at the local greasy spoon. This doesn't exactly make a convincing argument for how clever I really am or anything, I am just waiting for someone to realise my potential so my life can begin.

University isn't for me, even though I was top of my class at pretty much everything. I couldn't pick just one subject I wanted to learn, so I chose to go after jobs I wanted instead - the cafe being a stopping station until someone wanted to hire me. So far, I have tried one small tech company and got rejected so badly it put me off for some time...

Nothing else interests me at the moment. I'm sure something will come along, though. For now, I am just living life working part time and living in my moms basement. I get to do what I want when I want, and it's pretty sweet if you ask me. Plus, I haven't got that annoying 'uni accent' that all my mates seem to have adopted. No matter where they went, they all come home for the holidays with the same fake voice.

I don't have a girlfriend at the moment, but who wants one anyway. They are high maintenance and will just take all my time away from looking for jobs. First stop career, then girlfriend. It has nothing to do with the way I look, honestly. What girl wouldn't love me?

I have longish hair that girls love on guys like Harry from One Direction, I wear cool clothes like batman t's and jeans. I have a bit of a belly, but no girl wants skin and bone. My glasses look exactly like the 'in thing' at the moment as well. Ok, so I could be better, but girls can learn to love me for who I am, not what I look like.

Speaking of girls, Linda from work is calling me. I answered the phone. 'Hey Lin, wassup?'

'Jase, can you come in right away? I know you don't start for another 2 hours, but Sasha's called in sick, and I need someone to cover the kitchen. You can leave early if you like.'

'Sure thing. On my way.' I hang up and switch off Halo. Grabbing my wallet and phone, I head out and take a short stroll to work.

When I get in, Linda ushers me straight into the kitchen and wraps an apron around me. 'Chop chop, Jase, the afternoon rush is about to start.'

'Yes, miss,' I mock. Linda is an alright bird, and I love working for her. She is old enough to be my mom, and I sort of treat her like one, too.

I am rushed off my feet within the hour when lunchtime arrives for most office workers. I would rather be in the dining part at this point because you never know who you may be serving and who I might impress. However, one of them might love my cooking and ask to see the chef and offer me a job at their multi-billion pound corporation because I'm so great. One can dream, right?

I love cooking. Not as a career, but just as a hobby. I spend a lot of time at home with nothing to do, and comic books and games can only entertain me so much. I like to experiment and cook my mom some new and different dishes nearly every night. Dad left a while ago, so I think she appreciates the fact that someone can do that for her after a hard day at the hospital.

The mad rush calms down, and there was no billionaire today. I am cleaning up some of the tables when Damian sidles over to me. He does bits and pieces at the cafe like washing up, taking some orders, and manning the tills when Linda is busy.

'Fancy going out on the lash tonight? A few of my mates are up for it, you remember Tony and Katie, and they will be making out all night, so I need some company. Fancy it?' I think for a moment.

'Why not, eh? It's been a few weeks since the last time.'

'Nice one. We are meeting at Wetherspoons at 8, and we'll head on elsewhere later on.'

Damian is a cool bloke but not exactly best friend material. We don't have much in common other than drinking and work, but he is game for a laugh, and nights out with him can be fun. He is also a chick magnet, and I try and pick up some of his rejects from time to time.

I am let off work at 5, a little before closing. This gives me loads of time to cook some dinner and play a few games before heading out.

I make a chicken pasta dish tonight - nothing too fancy, just lots of tomato and herbs.

'Looks delicious, honey.' My mom says as she gets in from work. We are very close, and part of me thinks I stay here and don't move on because I don't want her to be lonely...

I get so distracted by Call of Duty that I nearly forget I have to leave and meet up with Damian. I rush around throwing clothes all over the place before I find something wearable for a night out. I don't have much nice stuff because I don't really need it.

My mom gives me a lift to Wetherspoons as I don't drive yet and don't really want to. 'Over here mate,' Damian calls out, and I head over to where they are all sitting.

I offer to buy a round and head up to the bar. Some guys start laughing. 'Who let the geek in?' I overhear one of them rudely say. 'We should start drinking elsewhere if this is how low the standards are,' another shouts.

Avoiding the twats, I take the drinks back to my group. 'Ignor those pricks, nothing wrong with you! Is there Katie?' Damian tries his best to make me feel better but Katie's face says it all.

'There is someone out there for you Jason.' She weakly answers and goes back to making googly-eyes at Tony.

We have one more round here before we decide to move on to a club for a dance. I am useless at dancing but I usually get too drunk to care - like most people in a club. On the walk there, I catch some girls giggling to one another pointing at me. 'Sssh, we don't want him thinking we actually like that loser' I hear one of them whisper as they walk by.

'I'm going home Day, suddenly not in the mood.' I pipe up. Some people can be such jerks - I do sometimes wish I had a better life and better appearance than this. I might sound confident, and I know that one day, everything will happen for me. But I'm no fool, I know how people see me.

'Oh, come on, mate, nobody means what they say. How about I put in a good word for you with some chick tonight. That'll cheer you up.' Bless Damian, he really is a good friend sometimes.

'No thanks.' I reply. 'But you lot have fun.' I'd only be a fifth wheel between Katie, Tony, Damian, and some chick he pulls.

I turn away to go in the direction of a taxi-rank when I lose my footing on a curb. There's a faint scream from what I assume to be Katie, and I fall heavy and hard onto the pavement. I feel my head hit the curb before everything goes black.