8.

Today is the day I fill in my final piece of home puzzle. I feel kind of nervous about this one as I wasn't exactly close to Damian before, and I would be asking a lot of him to drag up the past. I'm also hoping Linda can help me out. She was a bit like a second mom to me and surely she can shed some light on to how I've changed.

I put on some 'normal' clothes today. It's all well and good wearing my geek tees at home but I may as well step out into the Wolverhampton world the way I stepped out of it all those years ago. Boring. Yes, I have come to the conclusion that I became boring.

I have been trying to keep up with my new lifestyle but honestly it sucks and I skip out of it every few days. It would be a shame to lose this body I have apparently worked so hard for so I'll keep some of it up, but maybe find something more fun to do whilst staying fit and healthy.

I actually swear that I am losing weight, even though I am skipping out on a few runs, gym sessions and adding a few unhealthy dinners to my plate. To be perfectly honest, my weight has been ok since I got back home and have only been doing mini-runs, avoiding the gym and eating my dinner creations. I hope Tim, I mean Mr Ross, can shed some light on to this. If he is my friend then surely he can explain why my body and what Tiffany has been saying doesn't add up.

So it is time to leave and head out to the café. I'm slightly shocked and have to do a double take when I see it. I guess Linda sold up - it's been extended into the shop that used to be next door and it's called something else. No longer 'Linda's' but 'Café Away'. I very nearly don't go inside but I also think that maybe they can tell me where Linda went.

'Jason?!' Someone is shouting at me and it takes me ages to spot them when I walk inside. She looks so different.

'It's the hair right?' I nod. 'Thought I'd go back to brown - not that you would know, I was always blonde when you worked here.'

'Wow Lin, you look gorgeous. Not that you didn't before of course.' I kiss her on the cheek.

'So do you mate. I didn't think you'd visit so soon. You did say you would come by after the refurb but I thought you, the ever busy architect, would never show!'

'Excuse me?' What has she been smoking. It's like I still talk to her.

'You know, the last time we spoke. You said that when it's done, you'd make a date in your diary. I left you a message but I thought you'd forgot.'

'I'm so sorry. You might want to sit down, I need to explain something.'

'You're not dying are you?' She asks honestly.

I laugh. 'God no!. Don't be worried. I er... dunno how to say this. I fell down my stairs and hit my head. I have amnesia so the last 5 years have just gone. Completely wiped from my brain.'

She sits there staring. 'So what does that mean? You still think you work here part time or something? Don't tell me you came in for a shift?!'

'Not quite. I know vaguely what happened, my mom filled me in a bit. And the fact that I was living in London with a girl named Tiffany was a big clue I had moved on. I actually came here to see if you could tell me where Damian is, I need to speak to him about the last night I remember before the accident.'

'What accident?' A deep male voice pipes up.

'Damian?' I look up.

'The very one. How's it going buddy? Come here.' He pulls me into a bear hug, like we are best friends or something. He looks so grown up.

'I had an accident and lost my memory. I kind of 'reset' myself to that night out we had where I fell over and knocked myself out. Don't have a clue what happened after. Think you could help me out?'

'Anything for you. Lin, I'll be taking Jase here to the pub for a chat. You got this?'

'Sure thing boss.' She mocks.

'I have to say I'm kind of surprised you still work here Day.'

'Oh that's right, you won't know! Lin, tell him. I wanna look at his face when he finds out.'

'Jason, Damian owns a third of this business now. Technically we are each others bosses. And you in fact.'

I was so confused. 'Wh...?'

'Lets go get that drink' Damian helped.